Magic Data ignored

Posted by Soutsen 
Magic Data ignored
Date: August 26, 2019 01:27AM
Posted by: Soutsen
Okay, I've tried to play with the magic data a bit with my GP4, but somehow I feel like it is ignored by the game. At first I've installed the old Long Beach circuit by Nickblicker at Hockenheim slot (S1CT12) and setted number of laps to 85 (as the real indy races lasts for such long) but somehow despite changing the pit-windows and stuff, all the drivers still were stopping around lap 12 (as they should on original Hockenheim) and lap 20, and all other 65 they were driving w/o any pit-stops. Then I've renamed all the files in .wad file to a12001 and and the dat into S1CT06 - so I basically moved Long Beach into A1 slot. And again all the drivers were stopping on original A1ring schedule, despite the track magic data has absolutely different values (I've checked it 100 times - I guarantee it). So, I feel like my game ignores the magic data written for the track and uses the original magic data from gp4.exe file. How can I change that? Maybe that is connected to some .ini file at gp4tweak_data folder or at gpxpdata - I'm just not a pro to judge. Help please :(

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2019 01:29AM by Soutsen.
Re: Magic Data ignored
Date: August 26, 2019 04:25AM
Posted by: AustinF1
I setup the old Long Beach using ZAZ Tools, which allows us to tweak the MG data in a fair amount of detail. Using to the TSM in ZAZ to setup and install the track in any slot should not give you these type of behavior issues.
Date: August 26, 2019 04:38AM
Posted by: TomMK
Try using CMagic to export/import Magic Data. It's available in the Tools section at www.gp4central.com.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: August 26, 2019 12:48PM
Importing Magic Data via CMagic worked. This is very weird though - I thought that changing magic data via GP4Builder by Laurent Lo2K should be working too, but in fact it seems like it has no effect on the actucal game. Sad :(

Thank you guys, I'll try the TSM variant too - I'm just not used to that tool

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2019 12:49PM by Soutsen.
Date: August 26, 2019 06:30PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Changing md in dat file with gp4builder and saving the file should work.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 26, 2019 08:54PM
I tried saving, but it didnt work. Maybe I should've import and export the MD file I've created with the GP4Builder as well. Dunno - I'll give it a try later.

Date: August 26, 2019 09:14PM
Posted by: TomMK
I find the same problem - GP4 Builder sometimes doesn't work correctly with Magic Data, but I've always used and preferred CMagic so it doesn't really bother me.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy