A couple of modding questions

Posted by Calligaris 
A couple of modding questions
Date: July 07, 2019 10:42AM
Posted by: Calligaris
Hi everybody,

Firstly i'd like to thank the community here on these forums. I looked for years for a way to create my own private fantasy F1 series and all the content and tools you created helped me finally do it.

I'm modding the fourth season now, and there are a couple of problems I am not sure how to fix.
I tried testing a few tracks I downloaded here (and the realistic sky files) and the reflections on the cars are way too high, they look like mirrors and I almost can't see the liveries (I make custom liveries on Snake's templates).
The second problem I have is that helmets for cars 9, 10 and 21 refuse to work and I always get the base helmets (Panis', Villeneuve's and, I think, Yoong's), I tried switching helmets around, they work for the other driver, but not those, do they have a different name than the basic "driver_nb_1/2" ?

Thanks for your help, you're an awesome community,
Calligaris
Re: A couple of modding questions
Date: July 07, 2019 10:59AM
Posted by: quickslick
you need to copy your helmets in the gp4 main folder cars and overwrite the existing ones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2019 12:35PM by quickslick.
Date: July 07, 2019 12:32PM
Yes that's what I do, convert them in PSD, replace the helmets in the cars.wad, and it works for all the helmets, except for cars 9, 10 and 21.
Date: July 07, 2019 12:37PM
Posted by: quickslick
your helmets 9, 10 and 21 needs to be in gp4\cars folder not in the cars wad. Do i correct understand, that you've inserted the psd files in your cars wad?
Date: July 07, 2019 12:41PM
Posted by: kedy89
About the reflections, first guess is that your new textures don't have alpha channels. No/white alpha means much reflection, black alpha less.

Regarding the helmets, there's a cars folder in the GP4 main directory where you have to place the tex files for those 3 as well.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: July 07, 2019 12:52PM
Thanks guys ! For both questions. I thought every texture went in the wad. I'll test aroud with the alpha channel with my next set of liveries.

Sandro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy