GPGSL S13 - R14 British Grand Prix / Silverstone - Stay safe and enjoy some quality virtual racing [S14 track voting open, details p. 114]

Posted by GPGSL 
TheFireKing Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> P22 In Silverstone...
> it will be a tough race

We'll pull through in the race...
Going to aim for a podium.

Beware.

Christel VXR driver #6.

My second race pole of the season in wet conditions and with boost.

Hopefully the race will be dry and I can get some valuable points for myself and them and hopefully another race win.

Also hopeful that Toby could move up the field and get on the podium.

LAMH DEARG EIRIN

GPGSL Alpha Motorsports, S13 Race Driver #8 S14 Race Driver #2, S15 Race Driver #2
Nice one. I guess I had some luck with track conditions, though.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Very happy to get on the front row. Now we just need the engine to hold together for the race ;)

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Well... waiting the race!! :(

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
OFF-TOPIC: Guys, please, help me: is very difficult to make a carset for GP4???

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Yes, you have to be a rocket scientist.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
I think I missed a lot, a cyclone struck here last week and we were left without electricity and network connectivity, most of which has been restored now.
The qualifying at Silverstone might still work out in getting both cars to score points finish in the race, let's see.

Kimi forever!
Team-wise, it's quite an expected qualifying result. One decent, one not so well with no boost against quite a few heavily-boosted teams. If it stays wet, anything can happen. I just hope for some points to finish the season.

Championship-wise, I fear it's going to be quite tough for Pedersen, even in wet conditions. If it was the other way round, I'd get the popcorn out and wait for a championship-thriller. But this way ... tough.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
holy craperoni what happend? i have my work cut out! :-O:-o
A note from the RD for this final round....

I was hoping to have had the first half of the race posted last night, but in my tired state i accidentally deleted most of the coverage I had ready LOL. I had got to lap 23 of 30 doing the pics and commentary, before somehow managing to lose most of the work i had done! Oh well....
Hope to have at least Part 1 up later today, and maybe the conclusion as well within the next 24hrs.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Not what I was looking to start 16th in a last race of S13. Hoping for a strong recovery to end the season with a smile or bust.
I can't believe its the end of the season already. It's been a breakthrough season for Christel and I couldn't be happier. Qualifying was a mixed bag but hopefully the race will prove to be fruitful.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

If it's remaining wet then I think we're a good chance at a strong result in which to close our doors to.
It's been an honour, hoping that we don't go out like a TNR final round special...
The GPGSL welcomes the global internet viewership to Silverstone, for today's running of Round 14 action, of GPGSL Season 13.

The weather appears to be kind, with fine weather on the horizon for the duration of our race....

Two teams seperated by a single point for the WCC title - who will take that title, between Alpha Motorsports or MAC Racing
22 drivers on the grid at Silverstone for the season finale. Only 2 are in contention for the WDC Title. Who will win? Lets get it underqway, so we can find out....

Into the famous Copse corner, O'Neill leads the way...

A trouble free start for all, and the Alpha of Sean O'Neill has a small lead....

Greidanus into 2nd, Gilson down to 3rd, Hinz and Keranen holding their positions so far...

The field stretched out halfway through lap 1....

Points leader Tobi Kederer in 12th as Lap 1 is nearly done...

Title chaser Michael Pedersen has overtaken a few drivers, but is stuck way down in 19th. But, there is a long, long way to go yet......

The top 3 as they head into Lap 2....

O'Neill heads down Hangar Straight as 21 drivers follow...

Championship contender up until recent rounds, Luke Russell runs 10th at this stage...

The retiring, but now making comeback driver, John Warrington is in 13th, with Kederer just ahead....

Another retiring driver, Charrel Jalving in 14th currently...

Some movers in the top 10... Greidanus and Gilson have a big gap back to Hinz, who appears to be holding up the entire chasing pack....

Keranen looks to the inside of Hinz....

But Hinz holds off the charging 2KF1 driver...

Fastest lap so far to Hinz....

Keranen looks to the inside of Hinz again, on the approach to Turn 1....

The 2KF1 with it's double team boost is a force to be reckoned with today...

But with Hinz and Keranen battling, the chasing mid field is close behind, with Sakata going to the inside of Kerananer...

Battles everywhere, now with Worseling attempting the pass on Vilela...

Kederer still down the order, running 13th after 4 laps...

Pedersen slowly moving up the order though, now up to 17th...

Kederer is locked in a pack of cars - lots of points up for grabs ahead of him, as well as potential trouble...

Greidanus in 2nd, with the leader not even in sight ahead! O'Neill in first, is a mere speck in the distance...

Pedersen in traffic that he just doesn't want or need, way down in the rear of the pack...

Looking at McClure in 14th, with Kederer just ahead...

Russell, Jalving, Kederer and McClure....

Side by side, two by two down Hangar Straight...

De Bruyker, the defending series champ, is running 11th...

But, it is trouble for the reigning champ, picking up a picture as he comes out of Copse....

Race, season, and time wearing #1 on his car, over for the lovable Belgian....

Gilson in 3rd, hanging onto the MAC ahead of him... Full standings on show...

Just as we say this, our camera man catches Greidanus running off line....

Greidanus is way off the racing line....

Suspension failure puts an end to his day, and quite likely the chance for MAC to win the WCC title...

MAC Racing team mate Pedersen heads past the scene of his team mate's retirement....

Warrington on the inside of McClure....

A bit of spread in the midfield runners now....

Whilst our race leader has over a 5 second lead out front....

Joseph Gilson in 2nd...

Sakata taking a look up the inside of Hinz as they head to the high speed Copse corner....

And he makes the pass, moving into 3rd....

Kederer in 11th, with no imminent threat too close behind...

The yellow MAC of Pedersen can be seen in the distance, as title leader Kederer turns at Abbey...

Vilela leads Rodriguez and Jalving....

Title hopeful Pedersen on lap 12, finally has some clear air ahead of him. Now is the time to use the power of the MAC, to maybe gain some time and valuable points...

Full standings on display....

Hinz and Keranan still squabble over the 4th place....

13th through to 19th...

Worseling in 6th, attacks Keranen into Abbey....

And right now, we throw to a commerical breaks for a while, ahead of looming pit stops....
Back soon.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Not a bad start to the race so far. Bad luck for Marcus, but he's had a good run as the reigning champ.
Gutting for Marcus. Hopefully Warrington can bring the car home in the points and help us secure our current position in the constructors standings.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy