GPGSL S13 - R14 British Grand Prix / Silverstone - Stay safe and enjoy some quality virtual racing [S14 track voting open, details p. 114]

Posted by GPGSL 
Welcome back to the coverage of the final round of Season 13, here at Silverstone.

We re-join the action, with our race leader Sean O'Neill the first to pit...

O'Neill heads out of pit lane, to re-join the circuit, after a smooth pit stop...

Worseling, Keranen and Vilela are locked in a close battle

Worseling defended his position, leaving Vilela and Keranen to fight...

Vilela has the 2KF1 boss right behind, and further back it is the DMR of Jalving....

Pit stops underway, as Worseling peels off to pit....

Jalving making his final run down pit lane in his GPGSL career...

All hands on deck in the DMR pit bay....

The DMR is now ahead of the SCR as they emerge from their stops...

Ahead of making his stop, it is first place currently for Ryo Sakata....

Pedersen up to 10th during the pit stop sequences....

The one-time retiring, but now returning John Warrington

Jack Elleker in the AMR....

Paolo Silva in the ECM....

Zak Cronin running 13th in his home GP....

Aidan Keranen gets a turn to run in 1st place, ahead of his stop....

And here it is - the battle we have all been wanting to see, point leader Kederer with championship challenger Pedersen now behind him...

Pedersen closing on the Alpha all the time...

Kederer and Russell both head to the pits, whilst Pedersen stays on track....

Trouble for Gilson on the exit of Copse...

Sideways across the track on the exit of the high speed turn, isn't ideal...

Neither is facing the wrong way!....

But Gilson managed to avoid contact, or any damage, and continues on...

At the same time as Gilson having his issues, Ryo Sakata picked up a puncture, ending his day...

The Japanese driver ends his day safely against the barriers...

Whilst all that action unfolds, Warrington pits...

The battle for the final points is a closely fought contest, with the two MTP's fending off Daly McClure....

After the pit stops have been done, Pedersen holds a narrow gap to Kederer behind him....

The full running order on show again, as our race leader is on lap 20...

Yellow flags still out, as marshals clear away the stranded car of Sakata...

Hinz in 3rd, leads Vilela, Worseling, Jalving and Keranen all within close range of each other...

Timing screens show positions 6-10

Positions 11-15

And positions 16-20....

The traffic just keeps building up behind Hinz, but he seems to have the package to hold them all off so far...

Out in front, our race leader has been flawless since the lights went out....

His nearest rival, is some 21 seconds behind, partly due to his earlier spin...

Christopher Hinz has had a good day so far, running in 3rd....

Rodrigo Vilela also has had a strong showing

Nick Worseling has been involved in the battle of the race so far...

Charrel Jalving has had his hands full all race so far, with cars all around him...

And Aidan Keranen has the 2KF1 roaring today, with it's Double Boost for it's final outing...

Luke Russell has been motoring along today, relatively un-noticed, but well inside the points...

Michael Pedersen has been on form today, coming all the way from the last row to 9th so far...

Champion in waiting, Tobias Kederer is doing only what is required today so far, keeping close to Pedersen and in the points....

Carlos Rodriguez in the MTP, runs in 11th...

Daly McClure currently holds onto 12th, and that final championship point...

Matteo Scala is in 13th....

Jack Elleker not quite having the pace today it seems, down in 14th...

Vitor Gustavo in 15th for the MMM entry....

John Warrington in the Tyrant, running a disappointing 16th....

Paolo Silva in 17th for Ecurie Mistral....

Zak Cronin for MMM, in 18th....

Jeroen Buitenhuis bringing up the rear of the field, in 19th...

We now take our final commerical break for the season, and will bring you all the action to the finish, where we will crown a new WDC and WCC....
Back "later"...... Stick around, it is worth it, trust us (H)

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Absolutely gutted which such a unreliable car in the last races. MAC doesn't deserve the constructors championship. Congrats to Alpha.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Very close to Warrington being involved in another incident. No idea what has happened to the car following the stop seeing how far back he is from when he took his stop. All we can do now is watch and hope that he can work his way back into the points.

Have had a lovely race sofar! sorry to see my teammate retire. Lets bring it on the final laps!
8th once again, it was a solid season for myself
Welcome back, for our final run of Season 13 racing....

In the midst of a championship battle, is Luke Russell. Kederer behind him, and Pedersen ahead of him...

And further up the road, the Hinz-Vilela-Worseling-Keranen-Jalving war rages on...

Onboard with Jalving for possibly the last time in his GPGSL career...

Keranen using his super boosted Mercedes engine, drawing alongside Worseling...

Worseling loses that spot to Keranen, and now has Jalving in his mirrors...

The whick has truly been turned up on the 2KF1, going for 4th place up the inside of Vilela...

Keranen into 4th, as Vilela fends off Worseling...

Hinz just ahead of the charging Keranen. Then all the way back to Kederer in 10th...

Pedersen in 8th, but his title rival close behind in 10th - not enough of a gap for the Dane to take the points yet....

Keranen seems to like COpse, taking another look at an overtake...

And now it seems Pedersen is closing on the back of the pack battling for 3rd through to 7th - some handy points ahead if the MAC driver is good enough....

5 laps to go for what could be the forgotten man of this race, the race leader himself, Sean O'Neill....

No one at all in shot around the Irishman....

An extremely healthy 22 second gap to Gilson in 2nd....

Positions 6-10....

Positions 11-15, as Pedersen is all over Vilela...

A lot could change in these closing laps....

Pedersen now ahead of Jalving, with eyes on the pack ahead of him. Could this be the drive of the season, IF he gets the 7 points more than Kederer, to win the title??!!

Hinz continues to hold off the chasing pack behind him, as he seems to have done all race long...

Keranen in 4th, with some very hard charging drivers behind him...

Russell in 9th, Kederer in 10th. Is Kederer doing enough to win the championship? Just a handful of laps remain, to find out...

Hinz has finally being toppled from 3rd, with Keranen now in 3rd, Hinz 4th and Worseling looking to go ahead of the AMR....

Pedersen in a DMR sandwich....

Oh how would Pedersen love to get by the 3 cars just ahead of him....

Worseling and Hinz side by side...

The pack bunches up....

Pedersen can see the opportunity ahead of him...

But he can't take it....

Keranen has pulled a nice gap on Hinz and Worseling behind him. A podium on the cards for the Finn?

Two laps to go, and Gilson seems pretty comfortable to come home 2nd....

After all the duelling in recent laps, Vilela has been tossed around, and now finds himself in 8th....

Pedersen has gone past Jalving, now up to 6th....

Kederer still in 10th. Either he is ice cold calm with the championship, or he simply can't get by Russell ahead of him...

The two DMR's in pursuit of Pedersen ahead of them...

Pedersen now within striking distance of Worseling and Hinz, and some crucial points just ahead of him...

Worseling ripe for the picking as they head towards Abbey, as up ahead it appears O'Neill has begun his final lap....

The SCR driver held off the MAC....

Coming on to the front straight to begin the last lap....

The two DMR's go side by side towards Maggotts

Pedersen trying to get the tow off the SCR, whilst Kederer looks to take 9th from Russell in the background. The two DMR's still side by side...

Kederer in 9th at this point, whilst ahead Pedersen is making a move on Worseling

Cutting straight back to our leader, Sean O'Neill takes a massively dominant win at Silverstone!!

Kederer looks to have nailed that pass, to move to 9th...

And it is looking tough now for Pedersen to likely find a way past Worseling now....

And a VERY late race drama, as Gilson's engine has blown....

Dashboard confirms this. Will he get to the finish, will he cause chaos trying to do so?? The chasing pack had better be carefuk........

Keranen copping a mouthful of dirty engine oil and smoke...

Gilson had no answer to Keranens pace, and loses 2nd place coming out of the last corner....

Worseling just doing what needs to be done, to hold on to 5th now...

Gilson limps to the finish line...

Keranen finshes 2nd....

Hinz takes 4th....

Worseling 5th...

Pedersen 6th, in a fantastic drive from the rear of the field. But not enough to win the title this season....

Jalving takes 7th in his last drive....

Vilela 8th for DMR...

Kederer home in 9th, which gives him the WDC Title for Season 13!

Luke Russell finishes 10th...

Carlos Rodriguez in 11th place....

ANd taking the final point of the season, Daly McClure....

Jack Elleker finished 13th...

Paolo Silva in 14th....

15th for Matteo Scala

John Warrington in 16th...

Vitor Gustavo in 17th...

Jeroen Buitenhuis in 18th....

And last on track today, Zak Cronin....

Champion driver Tobias Kederer gets swamped by his fellow drivers on the warm down lap....

So, a huge round of applause for Sean O'Neill, for taking a simply flawless and stunning victory today. Amazing drive.

And now an even bigger round of applause for our WDC S13 Champion, Tobias Kederer.

And keep the appluase going, for our WCC Champion team, Alpha Motorsports.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
GPGSL Season 13 - Official Standings - Round 14, Silverstone, British GP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2020 01:37PM by GPGSL.
Kederer and Alpha did not deserve that championship.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2020 01:51PM by Macca25.
Didn’t I finish 9th in the feature race? It says 8th in the standings. BTW congrats to Tobi and Alpha Motorsports respectively

congrats to Tobi and Alpha Motorsports. A well earned championship and a good fight all season.
I'd rather have taken 5th in constructors, both because of one boost more and because I wouldn't have had to change the numbers on the livery ;)

Tough race for MTP, as expected. It's good that the season is over now so that we can analyse what went wrong and hopefully fight for a top 3 next season.

The championship fight was, in the end, a lot closer than I anticipated. Good thing that I got a bag of popcorn nonetheless. Big congrats to Tobi for winning the title. Well deserved is the only thing I can say, after so many years. Enjoy the party, but remember the distance rules! ;-)

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Great race. Absolutely phenomenal drive from Sean & massive congrats to Tobi for the WDC. After finishing runner-up in S11 and S12, this is probably what he wanted the most as GPGSL is concerned.

Congrats to the whole Alpha Motorsports team for making it all possible!

Really happy to see the team win the WCC as well - so I guess it is time to have some drinks before I inevitably pack my bags and head the Atlantic way :)

Dominik Karda | MAC Racing - #7 - Race Driver
A steady race for myself - however delighted to finish 3rd in both drivers and constructors standings, 3 wins and 3 poles as well. Roll on S14, aiming for the title straight away.

Looking forward to the new season and trying to add a Test Driver title to my S2 Driver title with SCR

Congrats to Toby and Alpha for winning a well deserved title. Too bad we couldn't keep our momentum up after the first half of the season, but we got a great season anyhow.

Looks like I am driving #6 next season. Nice.

Christel VXR driver #6.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2020 03:56PM by Darksoul.
Congrats to Toby and Alpha.

For me, except for my win, was a frustrating season. 10th place in the constructors championship with just ONE point more than the last place says all about our season.

Bring me S14 fast, please... :)

-----------------------------------------------------

Happy and relieved that it worked out this time. Got a bit too close for comfort in the end, espically since Glen had mentioned possible last lap drama. Was well within reason to expect Michael snatch P5, while I dropped back to 10th.

Commiserations to Michael, I've been there, it sucks.

Congrats Sean on another win, a dominating drive!

All the best to the retiring Charrel and Nick, you'll be missed in the paddock!

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy