GPGSL S13 - R14 British Grand Prix / Silverstone - Stay safe and enjoy some quality virtual racing [S14 track voting open, details p. 114]

Posted by GPGSL 
Even on wet conditions, the number of incidents was insanely high, so I'm quite unsatisfied with this race.

Of course some personal frustration mixes in this as well, cause with a double team boost, linked with a driver boost, at the start of a season, a 5th place is unsatisfying. And Carlos' race was clearly one to forget. Especially the fact that he had the second-slowest laptime, in the car with the highest performance value for this race, is just .... yes, bullshit.

I guess I'll head over to the old MPR factory now and see if I find some leftover Martini stocks there.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
The cars seem to have great pace, 8th and 3rd is excellent in the testers session, and the drivers had a great comeback i think, encouraging signs for MAC Racing !
Sandro Calligaris
JohnMaverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>And Carlos' race was clearly one to forget.
> Especially the fact that he had the second-slowest
> laptime, in the car with the highest performance
> value for this race, is just .... yes, bullshit.

He had no drivers boost though, which is more important on a track with such technical corners. The engine boost effect is quite feeble, especially on wet, it seems. Will check the pace of the engine boosted cars on the dry tracks later this season, though.

Nice new little feature to see the excluded non-test drivers points as well (Y)

Regarding the tables, and the addition of the GPGCL that has been revived after many seasons absence, DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY CARE about it? Will your life change if the GPGCL results/standings are posted or not?
I only revived it as a bit of fun, and to experiment with Excel.
If people want it, i shall keep updating it. If no interest, i will let it die :) Let me know via PM if you like, to avoid clogging up this thread.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Pace was ok in the race, disappointing weekend nontheless. Hopefully we can improve in Monza

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Don't think I've ever felt this disappointed with a race before. Zero pace. We'll need to investigate this one, hopefully it's a one off.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Bad race for me finishing 15th, due much water on track for my liking.
Hope future races are more fruitful.

LAMH DEARG EIRIN

GPGSL Alpha Motorsports, S13 Race Driver #8 S14 Race Driver #2, S15 Race Driver #2
Is there a better word than gutted to express my feelings ?

shep34 Schreef:
> Great to have a driver on the podium, great drive
> by Rodrigo, but what the heck is going on with the
> other driver?

Well this.. We probable can't explain it? But my laptimes/performance are so slow, how is this possible being a top driver for a long time now? Ofc the perfs are being reset for a big part, but still this big a gap..

Anyhow, in previous seasons I had a good start to my season and at the end I always lost out in the championship fight. Maybe this year it will be the other way around, let's keep fighting! I have 1 point on the board, better than nothing.

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Great for Jeroen at the very least, we'll have to work hard on my side of the garage to get those sort of results
Oke guys I will be on my way to Italy soon, ofcourse for the race at Monza. But I will also get married on September 21st in Italy, and then we will travel around some.

So it might happen that I mis an activity check, but knowing myself I will probable check GPGSL when taking a sh*t (Y)

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Charrel Wrote:
> So it might happen that I mis an activity check,
> but knowing myself I will probable check GPGSL
> when taking a sh*t (Y)

I always do that

Too much information guys :-o

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Charrel Wrote:
> shep34 Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Great to have a driver on the podium, great
> drive
> > by Rodrigo, but what the heck is going on with
> the
> > other driver?
>
> Well this.. We probable can't explain it? But my
> laptimes/performance are so slow, how is this
> possible being a top driver for a long time now?
> Ofc the perfs are being reset for a big part, but
> still this big a gap..
>
> Anyhow, in previous seasons I had a good start to
> my season and at the end I always lost out in the
> championship fight. Maybe this year it will be the
> other way around, let's keep fighting! I have 1
> point on the board, better than nothing.

This is exacly why I tried to bring up idea of widering the gap back in the days, and also I believe that this is why Dan has lost his interest so very soon during the S11.

At the Round 1 (Melbourne) we had such racing ability values for the drivers as 16065 (best - Gilson/Kederer) and 16020 (worst - Sakata, Buitenhuis). The gap between them is 45. Now, the variance factor (look here so see how it works) is the same for everyone and equals 400 (First Driver=18,Michael Soutsen,16041,400,16069,400). With these we can make this easy calculation: 45/400*100 = 11,25%
So, this is exactly how much the driving ability now matters. For example, if we would have the gap between the best and worse to be 125, then we would have 125/400*100 = 31,25%

Keep in mind though that we have also such factors as the driving boost, so at R2 (Sepand) the gap between the best driving ability (16278, Kederer) and worst (16026, Sakata) was 252. Also we have driving errors (which is equal for everyone for now, and this value can be read from certain track's Magic Data) which applies randomly for everyone (for example Driver A gets his driving error on the straight, makes him losing like 0,3-0,8 sec at this lap maybe, while Dirver B gets a driving error while moving through the fast technical section of the circuit, which leads him to going off/crashing the wall). Also we have pretty much the same chance of being DNF due to technical failure (btw, the engine boosting right now makes a little difference accordingly to this. I have tested recently the perf values for 1982 mod and I can say that the cars sometimes can finish even with the failure value set to 17000-27000 - rarely though, but still. And the current 4200 failure rate for double boosted engines is a little bit low for sure). And let's not forget about the overtaking, which is not that easy because our cars have more or less the same weight (due to 1-pit strategy for everyone) and the difference between the drivers ability/bhp is not that big (even if you apply a 400 variance and a 200 boost to this). So, it can lead us sometimes to quite messy overtakings (btw this is certainly a cc-line issue mostly: for example you will see lots of people tangling up at Osterreichring T1 again at its current state) with people being forced off/pushed away/spinning.

Now, you have around 11,25% of how driving ability matters and then you divide it even further with:
-boosts
-driving errors
-messy overtaking
-failure rate
And ask yourself what's left of this 11,25% which is already pretty small? This is exactly why I tried to bring up the idea of doubling up the perf values for R1 races, since it's the only race we can't widen the perfs with the drivers/engine boost, and everyone getting pretty much the same values for the 1st race (which devalues the previous results greatly).

Btw, don't forget about the wet conditions as well, which makes it more chaotic during driving errors/contacts, 'cos the cats go off the road more often due to lack of grip at the wet track, I believe.
What I see as the solution is widening the gap between the ability values just a little bit, while loweing the variance to 330-360, but that would lead to driving boost correction (something like 160-180 from the current 200). Once I'll lay my hands on my Perf Widener Excel Tool I'll make it able to set the permament gap between the best/worst driving ability, so there's will be no more need to set a manual cap on how much driving ability/bhp can raise throughout the season.

Btw, I believe that the engine boost might need some tweaking for S14 as well, but I don't have enough time for testing it just yet, so instead I will see how it goes throughout the season. At Malaysia it worked quite odd, but it might be just because the rain affected this, so I'll wait for the dry races to make any assumptions on this.

Also, big congrats on gtting married, Charrel. It's always great to see people's hearts getting together (G)

@Charrel btw I overlooked that you had no driving boost (nor engine boost) at all, which is the main reason, since the current driving boost matters a lot, as you can see here, so that's it basically xD
The previous post still has some relevant points though, I believe

edit - this is how driving boost worked at Sepang (best laps):

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2019 12:15AM by Soutsen.
natasp Wrote:
> Charrel Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So it might happen that I mis an activity
> check,
> > but knowing myself I will probable check GPGSL
> > when taking a sh*t (Y)
>
> I always do that

Jeebus, show some respect..... Worst possible place to use a phone anyway.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Btw, dunno why but Beggani and McClure had 399 variance instead of 400:
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Sorry for spotting that this late

> Btw, dunno why but Beggani and McClure had 399
> variance instead of 400:
> [www.grandprixgames.org],
> 1132504#msg-1132504
> Sorry for spotting that this late

Rerun.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy