Swapping out cars/teams in CSM

Posted by RegularJohn 
Swapping out cars/teams in CSM
Date: May 29, 2019 09:50PM
Posted by: RegularJohn
Hey guys!

I'm doing a season with MSchumi24's excellent 2003 mod and I thought for fun I'd add a few teams to it. I want to run a sort of pre-qualifying session with the new teams/some of the slower teams but the issue I'm having is finding a way to swap out cars. Not an expert on messing with CSM files to be honest and I can't find many tutorials on how to do this. I thought replacing the textures (i.e replacing McLaren textures with say Prodrive textures for instance) in the folders would work but all it's doing is reverting to an older texture or producing white cars.

Going to continue experimenting with this but in the meantime could someone with more brains on this than me lend a hand or a thought? Thanks!
Re: Swapping out cars/teams in CSM
Date: May 30, 2019 11:58AM
Posted by: MSchumi24
I recommend this tutorial by petrus: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: May 30, 2019 01:04PM
Thanks, I'm able to swap out the cars with a few changes to the globalvars.ini and the ini in the cars directory but the new cars are still turning up white. I'm trying to figure out why this is, I believe I have the textures and the lod files in the right places and the hi-res textures are selected, in place and named accordingly so I'm not entirely sure what's causing it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2019 01:17PM by RegularJohn.
Date: May 30, 2019 08:04PM
Posted by: MSchumi24
RegularJohn Scritto:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks, I'm able to swap out the cars with a few
> changes to the globalvars.ini and the ini in the
> cars directory but the new cars are still turning
> up white. I'm trying to figure out why this is, I
> believe I have the textures and the lod files in
> the right places and the hi-res textures are
> selected, in place and named accordingly so I'm
> not entirely sure what's causing it.

Maybe it depends on f1graphics configuration, try my: [www.mediafire.com]
Date: May 30, 2019 09:31PM
Still the same result unfortunately, our cfgs are configured pretty similarly so I'm thinking it must be the way I've configured the files; there's something I'm missing but I'm not sure what. I'd figured I'd look at the 1994 mod to see how that works but I still haven't quite figured out how that works either.
Date: May 31, 2019 12:26AM
Posted by: quickslick
what about, if you upload your cars to have a look at them?
Date: May 31, 2019 10:49AM
Certainly, they're three fictional ones taken from GP4DB; [gofile.io]
Date: May 31, 2019 12:04PM
did you replaced the teams BAR and Sauber and with the new ones and did you deleted the texture files from the teams of the mod? i'm asking, because the fictional teams uses the BAR and Sauber slots and if you still have the textures of the original teams from the mod, they will be used by the shapes. That could be the reason why your cars are white. Furthermore i've noticed, that the fictional teams have only the shapes for one car of the team (Prodrive and Leyton House car 2 and Asiatech car 1). And there is only the lod0 for Asiatech, so you have to multiple the lods from lod0 to lod4. At least you need the missing car 1 lods for Prodrive and Leyton House aswell as the the car 2 lods for Asiatech and you need to set the hiin front of the lh_1 texture. Maybe it helps you to solve your problems

edit : i have added the missing car lods and the hi_lh1 texture. The only thing you have to do is to rename the lods for one BAR team to another team, because two BAR teams won't work. Here's the link with your cars

[www.mediafire.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2019 01:34PM by quickslick.
Date: May 31, 2019 03:38PM
Yes, that's done the trick. I didn't actually know that would cause a conflict but now I'm able to swap out carshapes and textures now so thank you both very much! Only thing now I'd like to do is to adjust the textures so that they'll match the carshape of my choosing (having a 2007 model on a 2003 grid is quite jarring to say the least), is this easy enough to do? If not I might just stay happy with what I have.
Date: May 31, 2019 03:55PM
if you want to use the textures for another carshape like 2003, you have to remap the whole textures on the new shape and it's not so easy, if you have no clue of mapping
Date: May 31, 2019 06:28PM
That's okay, I'll stick with what I have. Thanks again for your help.
Date: May 31, 2019 06:51PM
your welcome :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy