Detroit graphics issue

Posted by AustinF1 
Detroit graphics issue
Date: May 09, 2019 02:11AM
Posted by: AustinF1
I have just added a nVideo 1050 board to my PC (I5 3.1/8 Ram/Win 7 64). Now, when I run the Detroit street circuit created by Jim Bob awhile back the game is sluggish overall and particularly noticeable on a few turns and also the controls are not responsive and hesitate. So far, it works very well on the other tracks I've run. I have tried to scale back the graphics settings and even deleted and reinstalled this track without improvement. I run the GP4 on Win XP SP2 compatibility, use ZAZ Tool,s and the 4.52 patch - low verbosity and "o" core settings. Any advice?
Re: Detroit graphics issue
Date: May 09, 2019 09:13AM
Posted by: Noog
I had a similar problem with Detroit.

After getting nowhere for ages I injected a fresh copy of the DAT file with the magic data from Phoenix - and it worked! At least, it sorted out the sluggishness problem, although I think it introduced some other issues at the same time (such as pit lane entry etc).

Give it a try. I don't remember all the details but I'm pretty sure this was the key for me.
Date: May 09, 2019 10:19PM
Noog, you know I hadn't noticed but there are two versions of the former Detroit street circuit, one I have by Jim Bob and the other as part of the 1988 Track Pack by plodekk, cleberpister. The first is slightly different in that the main sponsor graphics are Mobil 1 while the one in Trackpack is EniChem. Anyway, the Trackpack version runs much smoother although I like the graphic look of the Mobil 1 sponsored version by Jim Bob. Wish I could combine the two. Thanks for your quick replay, though.
Date: May 10, 2019 06:18AM
Posted by: landex
I release one too Phoenix 1989, it had some issue two. I made some improves, now it looks better.
Sorry wrong circuit, I was thing about phoenix. Forget what I wrote.:-o

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2019 07:05AM by landex.
Date: May 10, 2019 08:47AM
Posted by: Noog
AustinF1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
... there are two
> versions of the former Detroit street circuit, one
> I have by Jim Bob and the other as part of the
> 1988 Track Pack by plodekk, cleberpister...

I didn't realise that either, but now that I'm aware, I wondering what happens if you inject the 88TP MD into the JB DAT? Similarly, what happens if you use the 88TP DAT with JB's WAD? If it's the same CC line then one of those two options would probably be the best solution.

Isn't GP4 great? No matter how much you learn there's always something new to fix. It is a shame that we all spend so much time fixing the same things though. There's a lot of duplication of effort and for new users especially it's a minefield. How much easier would it be if we had a repository of definitive mods, tracks and cars, all fixed up and ready to go. The one that I always think of, because I spent ages and ages refining it when I didn't have a clue was the '79 mod. It's just not reasonable to expect a new user to download the beta and start from there all these years later. I mean, of course it's fantastic that the mod was released in the first place and I'm grateful for that, but for the beta still to be the only way for a new user to access it seems cruel somehow when many of us probably have our own 'perfected' versions sitting on our HDDs. That said, I guess others would argue that if we did make them available then the more unscrupulous among us would start knocking it out on ebay etc.

Anyway, glad you're getting there with Detroit - and you prompted me to finally fix the tunnel rain/sound problem I'd always noticed (the fix is in the readme but I probably read it early on when I didn't know what it meant!).
Date: May 11, 2019 01:16AM
So, you're the one who made that 1989 Phoenix track? I really like that layout and if you have improved it, I would like to try the new files if you have them. I noticed the shadows under the cars didn't display quite right on that one. Is that what you are referring to?
Date: May 12, 2019 05:52AM
Posted by: landex
AustinF1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, you're the one who made that 1989 Phoenix
> track? I really like that layout and if you have
> improved it, I would like to try the new files if
> you have them. I noticed the shadows under the
> cars didn't display quite right on that one. Is
> that what you are referring to?

Yes I made the modification of the circuit. Yes, the shadows and other stuff dont fit, but I will fix it soon when I done Avus.
Date: May 12, 2019 04:00PM
You're the man!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy