Problem with Gimp

Posted by TGF1Driver2 
Problem with Gimp
Date: April 09, 2019 08:25PM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
Hello guys,

can somebody please tell me how to get rid of these strange squares in the background? I want to look at the textures clearly. That's a tga-file. Thanks.

[www.mediafire.com]
Re: Problem with Gimp
Date: April 09, 2019 08:46PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
I use Photoshop and I select "attach" the image in a single layer

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: April 09, 2019 11:35PM
Posted by: munnzy
you can use either targa_tool_v30.rar or TgaTool2 where you can load a tga file and then send either the alpha or main image to your paint tool.
regards to all
Date: April 10, 2019 02:18AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Those squares are showing you the effect of the alpha channel. The alpha channel is what controls how 'shiny' cars are in game.
White alpha channel = Shiny | Black alpha channel = Dull | Every value of Grey is something in-between

In GIMP, where the alpha channel is Black, you see no colour, only the checker background.
Where the alpha channel is White, you see only colour, no checker background.
Where the alpha channel is a value of grey, you see something in-between.

When you edit the texture, you probably keep the existing alpha channel, or you'll have to make a new one at the end (or have very shiny cars).

To do this:
1) Right click on your layer in this toolbox on the right and click 'Add Layer Mask':

2) Select 'Transfer Layers ALhpa Channel'

3) Select 'Disable Layer Mask' (to hide the alpha channel's effect) and Unselect 'Edit Layer Mask' (otherwise you'll edit the Alpha Channel instead of the texture itself)

After you've made your changes, right click again, un-check 'Disable Layer Mask', and then 'Apply Layer Mask'.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: April 10, 2019 02:29AM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
Thank you! I've got it working fine now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy