Sweetfx for GP4

Posted by RavishingRickRude 
Sweetfx for GP4
Date: March 16, 2019 04:30AM
Posted by: RavishingRickRude
I have been trying for a long time to get the sweetfx/reshade working for GP4 without the significant performance hit. I think I may have finally cracked it. The problem has always been the D3D8.dll supplied with reshade which seems to drain a fair chunk of PO and FPS. The trick was, in addition to using sweetfx/reshade, having a Dx8 wrapper called Dgvoodoo installed in the game directory. Also now, the loading screen displays correctly in game.
Basically all you need to do is copy the contents of the download into your main Grand Prix 4 directory where the Gp4.exe is housed. Run dgVoodooSetup.exe and mirror the setting as per below. You must first add your GP4 install directory at the top of the first screen and then enable all of the other options as you see below.

You can play around with some of the other settings, but make sure you select the desired Resolution you wish to play on as this will overwrite what you have in the GP4 main config file. Here are a few screens below to show the Sweetfx effect. The setting is of course personal preference, so I am sure there are some clever people out there who can improve the visuals even more.

SWEETFX OFF

SWEETFX ON

SWEETFX OFF

SWEETFX ON

DOWNLOAD

[www.mediafire.com]

Alternative Setting

[www.mediafire.com]

NOTE: If you want to toggle the effects on and off in game hit the Scroll Lock key. If you want to tweak the Sweetfx settings edit the SweetFX_settings.txt file (Sweetfx Folder) in notepad. Please note enabling SMAA or FXAA will result in a larger performance hit. HDR does too, but its vital for achieving the desired visuals. If you want to uninstall/disable Sweetfx, just delete all the files/folders that came in the download.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2019 06:41AM by RavishingRickRude.
Re: Sweetfx for GP4
Date: March 16, 2019 05:00AM
Posted by: JrFirmm
Awesome! GemFx is nice too.
Date: March 16, 2019 09:03AM
Posted by: landex
Thanks, RavishingRickRude! It very nice, but for me gp4 runs to slow. With dgVoodooSetup i have PO of 800%, use to have 35%.
What can I modify?
Date: March 16, 2019 05:31PM
Posted by: MSchumi24
Nice idea, thanks!
Date: March 18, 2019 06:43AM
Posted by: RavishingRickRude
First post updated with a link to an slightly better sweetfx setting. Just copy and paste in the Sweetfx folder in your main GP4 directory. This setting has even less of a hit on the PO.
Date: March 24, 2019 04:21PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Thanks!

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: March 25, 2019 07:56PM
Posted by: White Falcon
The cursor is already on the start screen. The game is constantly getting lost. (H)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy