Older tracks question

Posted by F1Classicfan 
Older tracks question
Date: March 15, 2019 05:01PM
Posted by: F1Classicfan
I wonder if somebody could point me in the right direction. I prefer playing on the older versions of tracks 1980's through to early 1990's. However, on most of those tracks the starting lights are the old green/red/green configuration. Now I figured out how to change the start lights in the top right hand corner to the five red lights, but does anyone know how I can change the lights on the gantry to the five red lights and get them to light up in unison with the lights in the top right hand corner? I looked at the tex files in wad updater for both older and newer tracks, but I could not see anything that was obviously different, and there does not seem to be any instructions anywhere that explains what I'm looking for.

Any advice someone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Older tracks question
Date: March 15, 2019 05:19PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Open the gp4 file in the wad file with gp4builder. Look for the starting lights object and the asigned textures. Export the object as a gp4 file. Import it in the gp4 file of the desired wad file. Move the object to the right position and delete the old starting lights. Save the gp4 file. Add the textures of the new starting lights to the desired wad file. Compile a new wad file with the extra textures and updated gp4 file.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Re: Older tracks question
Date: March 16, 2019 03:55AM
Posted by: F1Classicfan
Thanks Turbo lover, it worked a treat. (Y)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy