Cars 9, 10 and 21 won't change helmets [Solved]

Posted by ParisHL 
Cars 9, 10 and 21 won't change helmets [Solved]
Date: March 11, 2019 07:35AM
Posted by: ParisHL
I'm going through and putting 2008 F1 helmets to my fictional league. They are all working as intended except for cars 9, 10 and 21.

Here's an example of a car that is working correctly:

And here is car 21 as an example:

I've tried swapping in helmets that I know work and still nothing. The shape is correct, but for some reason it won't show the texture. What else can I try to rectify this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2019 10:09AM by mortal.
Re: Cars 9, 10 and 21 won't change helmets
Date: March 11, 2019 08:08AM
Posted by: munnzy
Have you put helmets inside the cars folder with cc_mesh.cm as well as cars wad. i have know idea why but this is required .
regards to all
Date: March 11, 2019 08:31AM
munnzy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have you put helmets inside the cars folder with
> cc_mesh.cm as well as cars wad. i have know idea
> why but this is required .
> regards to all

Yeah I've placed them in the cars folder, I'm just overwriting the default driverX_1.tex and driverX_2.tex files.

cc_mesh.cm is in the folder, too. Are you saying that cars.wad needs to be inside the same folder, too? That means a cars.wad will be inside cars.wad?
Date: March 11, 2019 08:53AM
Posted by: quickslick
you have to put the helmets 9, 10 and 21 in the main folder gp4/cars and overwrite there the driver tex files 9, 10 and 21. The folder cars is at the top in your gp4 main folder
Date: March 11, 2019 08:55AM
Posted by: kedy89
You need to update the files in the cars.wad, as well as in the Cars folder in your GP4 installation. They made some changes with the official patch, which placed the updated helmet textures in that folder.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: March 11, 2019 09:52AM
Thank you guys. I've got it to work now. I hadn't put the files in the gp4/cars folder as well.

This forum is great!
Hello guys, is this the only solution to solve this? I reinstalled GP4 and I have this extremely irritating problem.
Re: Cars 9, 10 and 21 won't change helmets [Solved]
Date: April 08, 2020 07:12AM
Posted by: vesuvius
No, you can get rid of this helmet problem by editing one line from gp4.exe with hexeditor. I don't remember which it's but I will find it, it was once talked about on this forum several years ago.
I thank you very much vesuvius. This is strange because I didn't have this problem before.
Date: April 09, 2020 08:28PM
Didn´t find the old thread were hexedited gp4.exe was talked about, but here is my gp4.exe that has been hexedited so that you can use helmets 9,10 and 21 from cars.wad instead of gp4/cars folder.

Hexedited gp4.exe (version 1.02): [www.mediafire.com]
vesuvius Wrote:
> Didn´t find the old thread were hexedited gp4.exe
> was talked about, but here is my gp4.exe that has
> been hexedited so that you can use helmets 9,10
> and 21 from cars.wad instead of gp4/cars folder.
>
> Hexedited gp4.exe (version 1.02):
> [www.mediafire.com].
> rar/file

Very thanks my friend.
Date: April 11, 2020 06:13AM
Posted by: TomMK
[EDIT] Got it to run, but there are more changes than just the 9,10,21 helmets. E.g. camera settings were changed. So I wouldn't recommend using this .exe as it is, it's not clear what else has been changed from the original.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2020 06:41AM by TomMK.
Here's the same problem.
Date: April 11, 2020 10:24AM
Well yes of course it changes camera settings, as it uses my camera settings that has been put there with team editor and gp4tweaker. You can simply put your camera settings there with same tools.

All gp4 updates that you update with team editor or gp4tweaker go to gp4.exe, so they are there, nobody plays with the original exe unless he has just installed the game.

Only hexedits that this gp4.exe has are the helmets and 2GB limit removal.

So either we have to look for the helmet removal thread (it was very long time ago and search from this site doesn't find it) or the numbers what have to change in exe, or you simply update gp4.exe with your own settings with tweaker or team editor (which takes couple of minutes).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2020 10:27AM by vesuvius.
Date: April 11, 2020 11:01AM
Found from search that CSM can somehow also can disable gp4/cars folder (at least Fongu and B-tone has mentioned this in the past) but I don´t know how as I won´t use CSM.
vesuvius how can i find out why it doesn't work here?
Date: April 13, 2020 09:44AM
Posted by: Zaky04
vesuvius Wrote:
> Didn´t find the old thread were hexedited gp4.exe
> was talked about, but here is my gp4.exe that has
> been hexedited so that you can use helmets 9,10
> and 21 from cars.wad instead of gp4/cars folder.
>
> Hexedited gp4.exe (version 1.02):
> [www.mediafire.com].
> rar/file

The exe works, so thanks for that, but it replaces the prosts with the Jaguar's livery. Is there any way I can fix this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2020 07:13PM by Zaky04.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy