RPM loss / Top Speed loss

Posted by RHill 
RPM loss / Top Speed loss
Date: March 03, 2019 08:55AM
Posted by: RHill
Hi all, I could really use some help!

I’ve noticed in some of my CSM mods a weird thing that causes a drop in the players max RPM and therefore top speed.

At the start of a race I can reach the same max RPM and top speed as the AI, but then on lap 2 or 3 on the circuits longest straight my RPM and top speed suddenly drop (up to as much as 500 RPM) which is then never recovered for the rest of the race. The rest of the race is then spent with a RPM and top speed on the straights less than the ai.

I turned failures off and it still happens. I tried a few mods and only some are effected. And it’s not track specific because some mods work fine at a track and others not. Plus an effected mod has the same result at different tracks.

What could be causing it?
Thanks for any help
Re: RPM loss / Top Speed loss
Date: March 03, 2019 09:38AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Check and see if your car is bottoming out too much.
If the plank wears too much, the game penalises you.
'Shift + L' should bring up a graphic in the bottom middle of your screen:

0.00/0.00 - 0.00/0.00
0.00/0.00 - 0.00/0.00

This represents plank (Left value) and tyre wear (right value) in each corner of the car:

(Front Left Plank)/(Front Left Tyre) - (Front Right Plank)/(Front Right Tyre)
(Rear Left Plank)/(Rear Left Tyre) - (Rear Right Plank)/(Rear Right Tyre)

If the Plank value goes above 1.0, it turns red and the game will penalise you by slowing you down.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: March 03, 2019 11:25AM
Ah very interesting I will check that. How do you stop the plank wearing if that’s the problem? Ride height I assume.
Date: March 03, 2019 11:49AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Yeah, ride height, stiffer suspension, add some packers even

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: March 03, 2019 07:53PM
Posted by: pauloderpich
Wow! In all these years didn’t know that! Good tip

Paulo
Date: March 03, 2019 08:25PM
Yep thats what has caused it - thank you so much!

Not sure why i have only just noticed it - maybe because i did paul ricard and baku last time, therefore the long straights have caused it.

Wonder if it can be dealt with in the magic data?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy