64 bit advantages?

Posted by AustinF1 
64 bit advantages?
Date: February 18, 2019 04:20AM
Posted by: AustinF1
My old XP keeps getting corruption issues so I am going to bite the bullet and upgrade to Windows 7. Should I stick with the 32 bit version or opt for the 64 bit and/or are there any advantages with GP4 of using 64 bit. By the way, I know there have been forum threads regarding this before but the search finds nothing under the words 64 bit or 32 bit(?). Thanks for the help.
Re: 64 bit advantages?
Date: February 18, 2019 06:59AM
Posted by: quickslick
i'm using windows 64 bit and i have no problems with GP4. The only thing that can say is, that some of the editors work a little bit different like with 32 bit, but they work
Date: February 18, 2019 07:54AM
Posted by: huskyman49
same for me.
Date: February 18, 2019 08:12PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
The best you have to do is upgrade to 64 bit. There is no drawback I can see and you can use any current software you can think of with it. Always think future when you upgrade a system. Just be sure your processor is 64bit compliant, which should be the case if it's not too old.
The only drawback i could see with GP4 would be the graphic card. it seems some new graphic drivers are less compatible with such old games.

Date: February 18, 2019 08:40PM
Posted by: AustinF1
Thanks fellas!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy