GPxPatch 4.52 [Released]

Posted by SDI 
Re: GPxPatch 4.52 [Released]
Date: December 04, 2020 06:18PM
Posted by: SDI
Yes, GPxCInfo in GPxPatch.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Date: December 05, 2020 07:37PM
Posted by: AugustoGibim
Could it be possible for GPxInfo to read the TyreTextureNames and TreadTextures information from each car's performance file and use a respective tga with tire type?
Date: December 21, 2020 09:08PM
No, GPxCInfo stands on its own as a separate module inside GPxPatch. You would have to supply images to it by specifying them in the panel configuration.

Date: August 10, 2021 05:03PM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
My dear friends, I just realized that the AutoSave option is not enabled right now. I'm using the latest GPxPatch version, 4.52. Where can I enable it? I thought it would be enabled automatically, but it isn't unfortunately. Thank you very much!
Date: August 10, 2021 05:14PM
Posted by: deokastyler
You can enable it in the GPxLap section
Date: August 10, 2021 05:19PM
deokastyler schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can enable it in the GPxLap section

Thank you, I didn't check the GPxPatch window enough before. I should have done it. Thank you very much for the quick answer! ;) (Y)
Date: August 10, 2021 06:45PM
Posted by: BobT
For SDI. Urgent. The "Assert.txt" (in notepad) when exiting the GPXPatch (All versions) indicates the following error codes.

0x7726ad7a -> <unknown assertion>

These errors during the session are: In car 22 (car Prost 1) everything appears (including helmet) car 18 (Car Jaguar 1).

In car 12 (Car Bar 2, the same happens with the same car 18. This occurs in the front and rear views of each vehicle, T-cam and in the overview.

DOES NOT HAPPEN from the Cockpit view.

Please, Help Me!

Bob T
Date: August 10, 2021 09:45PM
Posted by: mortal
SDI no longer often visits this site. If this is part of an error log that is created by gpx on a crash exit you need to upload the entire log to pastebin and link in a new post with the header gpx error log.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 11, 2021 01:16PM
BobT schrieb:
> For SDI. Urgent. The "Assert.txt" (in notepad)
> when exiting the GPXPatch (All versions) indicates
> the following error codes.
>
> 0x7726ad7a ->
> 0x7726ad7a ->
> 0x7726ad7a ->
> 0x7726ad7a ->
>
> These errors during the session are: In car 22
> (car Prost 1) everything appears (including
> helmet) car 18 (Car Jaguar 1).
>
> In car 12 (Car Bar 2, the same happens with the
> same car 18. This occurs in the front and rear
> views of each vehicle, T-cam and in the overview.
>
>
> DOES NOT HAPPEN from the Cockpit view.
>
> Please, Help Me!
>
> Bob T

This might be an error by TeamEditor. Which tools do you have installed and which mod do you use? Thank you for more information!

Yeah, the great SDI seems to have disappeared. His post box is also full. :( (E)
Date: August 11, 2021 07:51PM
Thank you very much for your post TGF1Driver2.

I've never used any Mods since 2001. The tools today are GPXPatch version 444, but when the problem appeared I had the latest one, and I tried other ones. GP4 Edit, Team Editor 3.5, GP4 Master 1.2 or Wad Updater 4.2, one or the other for the same function, and no other more commonly. (Sometimes the Browser to change an image or the PitLap Editor to modify the number of stops.

He used the wonders of Geoff Crammond from the World Circuit (which was something like GP1), then GP2, GP3 and GP4, from the day after its launch back in 2000 and something. In all these years, until a month ago, something like this has never happened to me.

I checked the Graphics, State, System, Menu Data and I Data files without success.

I can't think of what else to tell you.

If you have any questions that may be useful for you to have, hopefully so, a solution I am at your disposal here or private message.

Once again, thank you very much and a warm and strong greeting from Buenos Aires.

Beto
Date: August 11, 2021 08:19PM
Posted by: AugustoGibim
I had the identical problem here.
I decided to make an improved version of the original 2001 game.
I don't use mods. I just copied an original version of gp4 2001.
I just installed the new remastered cars. I created lods 1, 2, 3, and 4. Nothing more than that.
Car 12 appears as car 18 and car 22 also appears as car 18 (including helmet) in the external views.
Date: September 10, 2021 10:38PM
@BobT: These assertions you see are inside a system DLL (0x7726ad7a is within system DLL range). Assertions are actually opcode 0xCC ("INT3";), which debuggers use to set a breakpoint. When not debugging it will end the process. GPxPatch in debug mode breaks on it, logs it, and continues execution. Logging them is useful for custom tracks because many checks in the track compilation code are using INT3 for failure.

I wouldn't know what causes this system DLL to fail though.

Date: September 11, 2021 07:50PM
SDI schrieb:
> @BobT: These assertions you see are inside a
> system DLL (0x7726ad7a is within system DLL
> range). Assertions are actually opcode 0xCC
> ("INT3";), which debuggers use to set a breakpoint.
> When not debugging it will end the process.
> GPxPatch in debug mode breaks on it, logs it, and
> continues execution. Logging them is useful for
> custom tracks because many checks in the track
> compilation code are using INT3 for failure.
>
> I wouldn't know what causes this system DLL to
> fail though.

Great to see you here again Rene! :-) (Y)

By chance, today two questions came into my mind if this is possible:

1.Is there any possibility to get some fixed cameras in GP4? I would really like to see the cars driving by very narrow like they do in TV sometimes. But in GP4, the cameras are always moving and they are also fixed to a certain car. A curb cam would be great are also a barriers cam in Monaco. Of course it would be great if we had 5 or 10 such fixed cams for each track and switch between them with a key. I think this is a great idea, but there's only one man who can make this to come true. ;) (I)

2.I was hitting a track marshall last time when trying to avoid a crash, but I just went through it. Of course it's actually not the sense of the game, but would it be possible to make track marshalls flying through the air when hitting them at high speed in GP4? It would be also great if the human player would gain maybe like 100 points for each marshall that was ran over the heep and then we could make a GPG online highscore list for the most hit marshalls in GP4. ;) Of course this idea is a bit macabre, but it would give a new interesting feature to our beloved game. Maybe an idea for GP4's 20th anniversary next year? ;-) (H)

What do you guys think about this ideas? Let me know. (O)

TGF1DRIVER (I) (B)
Date: September 11, 2021 08:45PM
TO SDI:

Reinstalling GP4, from the original disk (and then proceeding with the entire update protocol at this point) may be one or the solution to the problem?

Thank you very much for your attention and I await, when possible, an opinion.

Strong and fraternal hug.

BobT
Date: September 11, 2021 08:46PM
To SDI.

Reinstalling GP4, from the original disk (and then proceeding with the entire update protocol at this point) may be one or the solution to the problem?

Thank you very much for your attention and I await, when possible, an opinion.

Strong and fraternal hug.

BobT
Date: September 18, 2021 12:21AM
@TGF1Driver2:

1. I guess it should be possible somehow. Isn't there already a track camera editor?
2. No, you should play Grand Theft Auto :)

@BobT:

No opinion on this from me.

Date: September 19, 2021 12:17AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
1. Gp4Builder

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: September 19, 2021 09:02PM
Posted by: Soutsen
Yet GP4Builder doesn't make cams disattached to the car, which was the proposal. They are always fixed to the car, yet somehow in the directors mod it is possible to see the cars from the fixed static angle, which is defined by some uncertain values and cannot be controlled afaik. It is possible to move the cam position with the tweaker somehow in real time, but I forgot the key tho and it is not the same as having the fixated camera as we can in rFactor for example

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2021 09:03PM by Soutsen.
Date: September 20, 2021 11:16PM
SDI schrieb:
> @TGF1Driver2:
>
> 1. I guess it should be possible somehow. Isn't
> there already a track camera editor?
> 2. No, you should play Grand Theft Auto :)
>
> @BobT:
>
> No opinion on this from me.

I always cannot decide whether I should play GTA Melbourne or GTA Kuala Lumpur! hot ;)
Date: May 10, 2022 11:02AM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
Good day to everyone,

after years of still using GPxPatch v4.43, now I finally switched over to version 4.52. But after my first race with it, I'm absolutely not happy with the pit stop behaviour:

1. My teammate got stucked in the pit while his stop. This is a bug that I haven't had since years.
2. After my pitstop I have been released after just a few seconds, although it should have lasted muuuuuch longer. Probably it was because I changed the fuellaps to be refueled manually. As it turned out in a test, the pit stop will always last just a few seconds, if the player changes the fuel laps manually.
3. There also seems to be something wrong with the pit stop time in general, as I found out in a test:
- When I refueled 98 fuel laps, the stop lasted 24.7 seconds.
- When I refueled 48 fuel laps, the stop lasted still 25.3 seconds.
- When I refueled 23 fuel laps, the stop lasted - still! - 24.7 seconds. What the hell!
- Nevertheless, while refueling 98 fuel laps, and the reducing the amount manually to 96 fuel laps, you are released after just 8.3 seconds.

I'm sorry, but with all this mess, it's absolutely impossible to drive good races against the AI.

As I know, SDI introduced MikhailM's refuel timing bug fix, although this fix was very buggy from the beginning on. So, I tried to disable it, as SDI writes in the GPxPatch's change log "Can still be disabled using FixRefuelTimingBug under [Game] section in gpxpatch.ini.". But as it turned out, there is no such an option in GPxPatch.ini. So I added it myself, but I'm not sure, wheather it's really is disabled now. Sadly, the timing results above are still the same.

Does anyone have an idea or a trick about how to fix all these pitstop issues?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy