GPxPatch 4.52 [Released]

Posted by SDI 
Re: GPxPatch 4.52 [Released]
Date: January 13, 2019 06:21PM
Posted by: Noog
It's hard to be sure but yes, at least I think so. I watched two short races (15%) with a range of values (from 500-3000) applied to about half of the cars cars and I saw a lot of behaviour that seemed to reflect the values (ie the drivers would push harder into corners some of the time, often resulting in a slight overshooting which could have both good and bad results). Since then I've driven quite a few more races (where it's harder to check what's going on) but the race results do seem in line with my expectations. Most obviously, I have had more races where an 'aggressive' driver has done better than expected - and about half of the time it resulted in a very good result, but about half of the time it resulted in one or more offs. More testing is no doubt required but so far I like BRMax a lot.

I've had much less time to test the CC error values (and I'm a very undisciplined tester anyway) but it seems to me that CC error value can only result in more errors, ie unlike BRMax it's (probably) always bad for the CC afflicted with it. That's not to say it's not also a good option for us to have though as it too could be said to reflect the driving style of some drivers, ie they were a bit lacking in concentration. If I drove in F1 I would likely have a good, ie bad, CC error rating - and that's why I only drive short races!
Date: January 27, 2019 01:37PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I recently installed 4.52 directly from 4.44 and with exactly the same GP4 configuration I cannot load my Cars.wad. Instead, it loads the 2001 cars with default TV graphics (i.e. 'Riding with...' sky graphics). Is there anything that I missed that I need to adjust for the same configuration to work? When I switch back to 4.44 it loads correctly.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 27, 2019 08:16PM
Posted by: SDI
You can check the log files for irregularities.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Date: February 06, 2019 10:17AM
Posted by: santos16
Amigo, thanks a lot for this incredible tool!!!!! I am a huge fan of the game and of your work. Not only you but many of you really make my life better with all this mods and tools that you program.
I am facing some issues because this my set.ini is like this and i am honestly not familiar with programing. So if i just copy and paste your example on it and change the values would it work?
I have been reading the report text of the program for 2 days already and i have one question and one suggestion. The question is how i can put different values of car power to each team? on the example you attached here there is only one value. And the suggestion is that cars could have different sounds and physics, because i create a mod (for my own use) with all the greatest drivers and cars, and would be awesome if each car could have its specific sound and behaviour. Thanks a lot, sorry for the questions. I am just very amazed and enthusiastic to play this game again! :)

[CommandLine]
SeasonSet=
[Misc]
DisableProgressBar=0
TeamPower=1
TeamPowerType=3
skya=skya
tarmac=tarmacmap.bmp
[PerfManager]
Enable=1
Path=
[PhysicsManager]
Enable=0
Path=
TorquePath=
Date: February 06, 2019 03:01PM
You can use TeamEditor to edit the power for each team and select the resulting file in GPxSet.

Date: February 06, 2019 05:28PM
thank you, that i do already. but how do i write so each teams car has a different perf. value?

SDI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can use TeamEditor to edit the power for each
> team and select the resulting file in GPxSet.
Date: February 06, 2019 11:09PM
Add new sections to the performance file called QualifyPower and RacePower. Specify two values for Team #00 through Team #10, separated by a comma.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2019 11:13PM by SDI.
Date: February 07, 2019 12:10AM
thanks a lot and sorry for the questions :)

SDI Wrote:
> Add new sections to the performance file called
> QualifyPower and RacePower. Specify two values
> for Team #00 through Team #10, separated by a
> comma.
Date: February 12, 2019 09:03PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
René, Its possible to assign a value in the perfomance file (such as the error rate) for the player's and the CC's gearbox relations? (o wings angle)

Or it's possible in GPxSet Track specific physics files edited through the user interface? (The same as with the performance files in the latest version).

In this way the box ratios, rpm max, and the angle of the ailerons could vary, without modifying the proper values of each track. For determinate mod, keeping them original tracks for other mods.

Thanks and regards

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: February 13, 2019 05:40PM
CC setup per car should be possible to implement in the performance file I think. Not sure why you want player's setup in there?

Physics can't be different for each track without restarting the game.

Date: February 13, 2019 06:08PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
You are right, with the cc septup, you could get maximum speed values and then adjust the player's as usual.
It is very annoying to play a mod on a certain track and see that the cars do not take a slipstream because they are very short in 7 gear, and in another mod on the same track they can not place 6 gear because they are very long ...
Adjusting the setup of the CC from the PF, it would be easy, fast, and I do not modify the track and I can save them for use with Gpxpatch whenever I want.

It's just an idea. Thanks for answering.

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: February 13, 2019 11:08PM
Posted by: TomMK
You just need good Magic Data.

Try mine :)

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: February 14, 2019 12:11AM
Posted by: phantaman
power torque curve ;-)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: February 17, 2019 03:42AM
Posted by: AustinF1
My hats off to Rene' and all of you who have kept developing software like this to keep this great old sim alive.
Date: March 10, 2019 06:41AM
Posted by: ParisHL
Can anyone help me with a small issue I'm having with 4.52.

I'm getting far too many accidents in each race with half the field failing to finish. I wanted to give the ErrorChance a go in the Performance File but it doesn't seem to work.

Here's my performance file txt:
For example, using the default 2001 Suzuka. I get results like this:

Have I put the ErrorChance in the correct place? because the first driver doesn't seem to be driving any differently with an error chance of 10,000. I don't really want to start editing the magic files if I can help it. Any help with reducing the number of DNFs would be a great help. Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2019 06:47AM by ParisHL.
Date: March 10, 2019 11:41AM
Seems about right. The car with error chance 10000 ended up last.

Date: March 10, 2019 02:11PM
Posted by: ParisHL
SDI Wrote:
> Seems about right. The car with error chance 10000
> ended up last.

That's not really the problem. It's the fact half the field didn't finish.
Date: March 10, 2019 05:43PM
I have no explanation for that.

Date: March 10, 2019 11:57PM
Posted by: AustinF1
Rene,

Since updating my PCs to Windows 7 and reloading all my GP4 stuff, including v4.52, I now notice the competitive attrition rate is very high, i.e. no A! cars finish a full race. I first noticed this on the recently downloaded 1982 Long Beach track and thought it was something to do with the track, but the other drivers are out of the race messages are very frequent now on all tracks. I see there is some sort of update in GPxPatch regarding a setting for CC errors. How does that work and/or could that be causing my issue?
Date: March 11, 2019 12:41AM
Posted by: TomMK
It depends which mod and performance file you're using - I don't experience any issues like those described here with my GP4 Central mods. Can you post your perf file?

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy