> > > [i.imgur.com]
> > > [i.imgur.com]
> > > [i.imgur.com]
> > > [i.imgur.com]
> >
> >
> > If anyone is in contact with soulbringer,
> please
> > tell them to check his PM, thanks in advance!
>
> I was taking a look (again) to these models. As
> more times I look at them, more I like them,
> they're gorgeous! I don't know if it's your
> intention, but... if Soulbringer gives permission
> to work with his models... with a good
> high-quality painting (like the screens shown in
> the Screenshot's topic), in my opinion they would
> be the best 1997 cars I've seen, so far, in all
> sim racing games. In any case... let's hope for an
> answer hehehe thank you so much to you all, for
> all the dedication! 1997 was a great season, with
> great looking cars.

The cars in the screens are not of soulbringer.
Ferrari & Williams are VRC's converted by me and Hega, Mclaren & Jordan are the original conversion from F1C improved by Hega.
But I assure you that it's not over here, stay tuned!
Re: Question: F1 1997 mod?
Date: July 14, 2019 11:55PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
MSchumi24 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sudden Scritto:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > MSchumi24 écrivait:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > soulbringer Scritto:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Funny you should mention that. Some of my
> > > > favourite cars from that year.
> > > > Do not get yours hope up just yet, there is
> > > still
> > > > bunch of work to be done and I have almost
> > zero
> > > > free time for this but I would very much
> like
> > > to
> > > > finished. Plan is to continue work on this
> > > project
> > > > right after 2002 is done.
> > > >
> > > > [i.imgur.com]
> > > > [i.imgur.com]
> > > > [i.imgur.com]
> > > > [i.imgur.com]
> > > > [i.imgur.com]
> > > > [i.imgur.com]
> > >
> > >
> > > If anyone is in contact with soulbringer,
> > please
> > > tell them to check his PM, thanks in advance!
> >
> > I was taking a look (again) to these models. As
> > more times I look at them, more I like them,
> > they're gorgeous! I don't know if it's your
> > intention, but... if Soulbringer gives
> permission
> > to work with his models... with a good
> > high-quality painting (like the screens shown
> in
> > the Screenshot's topic), in my opinion they
> would
> > be the best 1997 cars I've seen, so far, in all
> > sim racing games. In any case... let's hope for
> an
> > answer hehehe thank you so much to you all, for
> > all the dedication! 1997 was a great season,
> with
> > great looking cars.
>
>
> The cars in the screens are not of soulbringer.
> Ferrari & Williams are VRC's converted by me and
> Hega, Mclaren & Jordan are the original conversion
> from F1C improved by Hega.
> But I assure you that it's not over here, stay
> tuned!

That's a surprise to read, the models seem very high poly, and beautifully done! The Prost for example, it doesn't exist in such detail in any other sim..
I hope this thread doesn't turn into a dispute thread as we have seen many times before..
I look forward to seeing them in game :)

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2019 11:58PM by salvasirignano.
Date: October 26, 2019 11:42AM
Posted by: MSchumi24
I need to contact soulbringer as soon as possible.
I will try via PM but maybe it has the full box, howewer if someone puts me in contact with him or gives me some advice to contact him he is welcome.
All this to finish the 1997 Mod in HQ soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2019 11:47AM by MSchumi24.
Date: May 08, 2020 11:46AM
Hi soulbringer, is there any development regarding these beautiful cars of yours? Dog

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: May 09, 2020 11:36AM
Posted by: soulbringer
Hi, I have unfortunately no news on 1997 progress atm. Sorry and yeah my inbox was full sorry for that as well.
As mentioned before I will resume work on 97 when 2002 project is fully finished, which it isn't at this point obviously. It is taking long time, yes, I know but it is sort of complex process which I will not repeat any time soon.
With that I mean creating almost every possible shape and for kedy89's part texture, for each one of the teams for each one of the tracks. It is enormous work believe me.
To understand better here is short description of work me and kedy89 putt in into this mod.
First reference material, apparently isn't growing on threes and has to be searched on internet. We're trying to create high detailed mod but still sort off not blow poly count out of proportions, so detail are important. now try doing google search for details of 1997 Prost or Minardi cockpit. Ok did you try that? now go for rear brake inlets of either of those cars. What I mean it is time consuming and not unique for me and kedy89 in any way this is what almost all modders go through on regular basis.
Next! Shaping...usually most fun part again depends on quality of references. Straight forward process in general but divided in two stages first is the car shape such as ones seen in this tread, Then there is literally everything underneath what you see in those images, I am referring to damage model I.e. engine gearbox crash structures springs radiators and what not. For this part I try to recycle as much as possible especially for texturing. Game engine doesn't support double sided surfaces which mean I must create under side for almost all engine, left and right side pods object in each car. Granted that work is not hard as it is usually mapped with carbon texture but still takes some time.
Before applying textures on cars I must create UV maps, now this is time consuming often done wrong and needs to be re-done kind of work. Every normal person hates this part now imagine I have to not only UV map the car but also UV map damage model as well.
Exporting My weapon of choice for creating cars is Maya and it isn't ideal for exporting into GP4. Here is what I must go through to export the car. First figure out where double edges are and split mesh into pieces to avoid as many as possible of those.
I can't even explain this process but it is pain in a**. Next export into FBX file format . Import into 3d software capable of exporting into 3ds file format, do that. Import into zmodeler smooth surfaces, piece together all parts and name them correctly.
Kedy89 gets the files at this point and starts to work his magic. I more often then not do shity work on UV mapping and he must gently point to those fails which I have no choice but to correct. It is plenty back and forth work and discussion here. These small interactions are high point of this work process for me.
During that time I also work on exporting track specific shapes, piecing them together. Toyota for example have 5 different shapes.
When texture are almost done we create car 2. It is just car one with specific UV mapping.
Next part is done by kedy89 and it involves exporting into gp4 testing and finally releasing the car publicly. Easy peasy right? (H)
There is effort by other not mentioned in this summary such as Eric and Jürgen providing references AUS_doug creating AO shadow maps Mike testing and doing screenshots from top of my mind.

I'm grateful for interest you show for these mods and also sad I must disappoint you from time to time again.
Date: May 09, 2020 12:07PM
Thanks for your reply! Sorry to keep asking, I realise it´s a great deal of work to produce these things to a high standard, let alone the quality of your work.
I´m working on some tracks myself for Automobilista/Assetto Corsa, and the time it takes to do certain things in several different programs, well, I must have spent thousands of hours so far.
Best wishes to you, whenever these come out it will be worth the wait! (B)

Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: May 09, 2020 01:31PM
Posted by: quickslick
holy @#$%&, this is a lot of bunch to work on, Vladimir and the more i appreciate what you and Tobi creating and what we get at the end. You both guys have all my deepest respect :) oh and whatever you need at pics, feel free to ask. It would be a pleasure for me to help searching :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2020 01:39PM by quickslick.
Date: May 09, 2020 02:22PM
Posted by: kedy89
Safe to say we slightly overdid it with 2002, Jordan for example we ended up with 9 different shapes and 13 liveries. Not to say that it isn't nice having that many different specs, but it's just so much work. Like when there's an issue, you most likely will have to fix it on all shapes/textures. Take the nosecone flickering on the Jordan for example. Still, seeing the cars at Monza, all with low-downforce spec, it's something special.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: May 09, 2020 02:47PM
The low downforce cars look absolutely beautiful!

Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: May 11, 2020 11:55PM
Posted by: fongu
yeah my return to modding has lost much of that attention to detail you may have noticed!
I for one really appreciate all the work that goes into it, you two are among the very best GP4 modders around, the 2002 mod is outstanding in its quality.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy