AI crashing a lot

Posted by theguy69 
AI crashing a lot
Date: December 28, 2018 05:19PM
Posted by: theguy69
So I've been using the 2018 physics and the original tracks and the AI has been having a loot of crashes and incidents compared to the original 2001 physics. They just really can't overtake cleanly sometimes and end up taking themselves or me out. Is there any way to make them more cautious around each other since they crash a lot and I don't feel it's realistic
Re: AI crashing a lot
Date: December 29, 2018 10:42AM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
It's a problem with the car's weight, wasn't it!? The AI cars do not take the weight into account, when they are calculating their overtaking. So, lowering the car's weight in the physics file could maybe solve this problem.
Date: January 08, 2019 03:49PM
Posted by: theguy69
Ah yes thanks a lot that seems to have worked
Date: January 08, 2019 04:59PM
Posted by: phantaman
or the "braking force" item on the chassis / general tab of the physics editor was not calculated correctly and, or the setup in the "brake balance" and "anti rollbar" items.
if I mentioned above is not in agreement, this may occur what you are reporting and.. excessive torque produced by the "power torque curve" as well.
then there are many variables to choose from this is the "X" of the problem ;-)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy