Online gp4 League

Posted by mitadumapaga 
Online gp4 League
Date: December 22, 2018 08:50PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
Hi guys,

Is it possible to play multiplayer in real time with several other human drivers, eg in a league?

Thanks a lot
Re: Online gp4 League
Date: December 23, 2018 12:01AM
Posted by: mralpha
The only way to run in multiplayer and connect two PCs in LAN with cross cable or two or more to PC via router (the number of PCs depends on the output slots of the router). All of this is dependent on finding friends who share this passion and good beer.
Date: December 23, 2018 12:33AM
Thanks mralpha! Is there really no way to play with someone from say UK, and someone from Switzerland and someone from Spain, while I am in Germany for example?

Thanks a lot
Date: December 23, 2018 06:06PM
Posted by: landex
Maybe with Hamachi. I never try it.
Date: December 23, 2018 07:58PM
I do not know who Hamachi Island, but if I remember correctly, there has never even existed a server that could make GP4 play online.
Date: December 23, 2018 08:05PM
Yes. I discovered it now via Wikipedia. It would be interesting to try. On the net, however, it is easy to crash GP4. To be clear, it is said that the file "cars.wad" should not weigh more than 200/300 Mb.
Date: December 23, 2018 08:23PM
Hamachi is not track. But a program to make the internet as local-lan.
Date: December 23, 2018 09:05PM
I assume, as happens in all online games, every player must necessarily have the same GP4.
Date: December 24, 2018 05:47PM
Thanks a lot guys!

Would someone please share his or her results from trying out hamachi? I am happy to help you with testing at any time because I have the game.
Date: December 24, 2018 09:25PM
Posted by: mortal
There's info on this in the GP4FAQ.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 25, 2018 07:59AM
I thing for playing Gp4 or any GP game in LAN, must every player have the same mod (g4.exe) . And I dont how about gpxpatch. It would be nice to test it.

I remember play f1gp in 1994 with a 14.400Modem. To play it in good speed, we had turn off the modems errors check. And it worked nice. Of course, in this days, the internet is fast enough.:)
Date: December 25, 2018 11:38AM
As I told several times, I always play in LAN, with two PCs connected directly with a cross cable (again with XP.With Win7 I do not feel well). It is necessary to have the exact same GP4. To avoid mistakes, I copy the folder I need from one PC to another. It works perfectly as long as the "cars.wad" file is not overly heavy. This is why I did not adopt the 2017 MOD and the 2018 model. I can not reduce the cars file. I managed it with the 2016 one, bringing it to just over 300 Mb without losing definition. Travel perfectly.
Date: December 31, 2018 12:36PM
Posted by: REFACTOR_BR
GEOFF CRAMMOND'S GRAND PRIX 4 ONLINE MULTIPLAYER RACING

[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy