The time has come for me too lol

Posted by Alessio88 
The time has come for me too lol
Date: November 29, 2018 01:41PM
Posted by: Alessio88
Hi guys,I'm just writing this post to thank each of you for the past years here as I'm gonna retire from gp4.
It has been a though decision to take but as all of you know at some point we got to put hobbies to one side as private life takes a lot of resources and energies,
I really must admit that I admire the modders so much that even if they really busy in their private life they still find time to make cars,helmets etc,I could never do that so really big thank you,I think without you guys I wouldn't be playing gp4 til now.
I been playing this game since day one, I remember i got the game in 2002 and since then never stopped playing first downloading stuff from gp4italia and after here on gpg,then just lately really enjoyed to make little things like visors and cockpits textures.
Now unfortunately gp4 has began to be like a job for me as I want to play the events on the same tracks and dates as real f1 but I find myself to tweak tracks files and performance until I get a perfect simulation,in most of cases achieved as lapping same as f1 cars in qualy and race but this tweaking and try takes too long sometimes even a full afternoon and I don't have time for it anymore plus I want to try something new.
I'm stepping into f1 2018 now and I must admit they really did a great job especially ai is a lot better compared to other f1 codemasters games and on top of all this I just download and install the updates and play so no editing at all,just think that got the game in August and still at 1st season in Baku haha.
Sorry to write all this long post but I really wanted to thank all of you and I must say I feel like this is not just a community but a big family after all these years.
Maybe I will be back soon but I will still about to comment on f1 and pass my knowledge about if I can for gp4.
Thanks again all of you,have a great Christmas and a happy new year

Greetings
Alessio

CoM3 oN McL4R3n.....:)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2018 01:42PM by Alessio88.
Re: The time has come for me too lol
Date: November 29, 2018 02:06PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
It is always pleasant to read someone who has contributed so much to GP4. I share your words, many times the editing of a mod or a track, it starts as a pasatienpo and finishing it becomes a hard work. After so much time playing GP4 (in February I will be 13 years old in GPG), and having managed GP4-Argentina for so many years, after having converted more than 100 mods from different platforms, and having dabbled in track editing, I understand perfectly what you say.
I appreciate the spirit of camaraderie that you have always shown and I take the opportunity to wish you all the best for you and your family in the next Christmas.

See you later!

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: November 29, 2018 03:01PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
I want to leave GP4, but they won't let me. :(

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: November 29, 2018 04:15PM
Posted by: MSchumi24
Alessio, scrivo in italiano perchè presumo che tu sia italiano dal nome. Nel caso tu non lo sia usa Google Traduttore;)

Mi spiace tanto che tu ti ritiri e che ci abbandoni, ma capisco le motivazioni... certo ultimamente non è il tuo l'unico "ritiro" quindi rimaniamo sempre meno:(
Comunque ti ringrazio tanto per tutto quello che ci hai dato, sopratutto ultimamente per i "visors" del 2017 e del 2018.

Non sono molto bravo negli "addii", quindi non mi resta che augurarti il meglio nella vita!
Date: November 29, 2018 04:25PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Thank you alessio for all your contributions to GP4 as a modder and as a player for feedbacks.
I wish you the best for your future projects and real life.
But you know, we can't completely retire from GP4! ;)

Good luck! (Y):-)(B)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: November 29, 2018 07:19PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
Take care mate! Thanks for your hard work around here! :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: November 29, 2018 07:20PM
Posted by: Isaint
Going to miss seeing that logo.
"Come on Mclaren" Been friends here for quiet some
Time now and have shared different
Things for GP4 over the years.
I wish you all the best for the future.
Take care

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: November 29, 2018 07:30PM
Posted by: quickslick
sad that you leave, but i hope to see you back again one day here at gpg. Take care and enjoy your life. Thank you for everything :)
Date: November 29, 2018 07:58PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Sad to hear this Alessio. But you will see that gp4 is much more than any other F1game, way better than codemaster games ( that are ok). You will take your break, but I will look forward for your comeback :)
Date: November 29, 2018 09:53PM
Posted by: thestig88
All the best Alessio and thank you!
Date: November 30, 2018 03:22PM
Posted by: livejackass
Thanks Alessio! <3
Date: December 01, 2018 07:09AM
Posted by: rookie26
Really bad News, Alessio. You brake a lot of hearts leaving GP4, as for F1 2018 the AI is in my opinion still a disgrace compared to GP4. Codemasters will only be able to create a great AI if they hire Sir Geoff Crammond.

I wish all the Best for you in the future and hope you will return soon when you realise that the F1 Games from Codemasters are mostly Arcade and a waste of time. :-)
Date: December 05, 2018 12:09PM
Posted by: Alessio88
Thanks a lot for your words guys,really appreciated,I will still be around anyway but not active as before but if someone wants to have a chat you can find me through pm anytime,
Arnoud is right once gp4 player will always stay gp4 player ;)
thanks again guys

Greetings
Alessio

CoM3 oN McL4R3n.....:)
Date: December 05, 2018 03:20PM
Posted by: kedy89
Wish you all the best Alessio, big thanks for all your contributions over the years!

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: December 05, 2018 03:56PM
Posted by: gap177
Alessio, sad to hear you are leaving. Thanks for all you did for the community and I wish you the best!! (Y)(Y)

Glenn (Cdn)
Date: December 06, 2018 01:16PM
Posted by: pauloderpich
Sad to read you’re going away Alessio... I’d like to thank you for all your great work and
endless contribution to this community, but I’m afraid to not find enough words.
Be well my man, and... CoM3 oN McL4R3n.....
Date: December 06, 2018 09:11PM
Posted by: gezere
You are not allowed to quit definitively!
We let you a few weeks to finish your season with F1 2018 then you Will be back.
Modding is stronger than gaming.

Date: December 08, 2018 06:15PM
Posted by: Flash Formula
Sorry to see you go Alessio :( but it's fully understandable and GP4 does take up so much free time (I told my wife that when I met her... she understood!;))
The door is always open to pop back in and check things or maybe return full time, but you never really retire from GP4 :-) it stays with you forever in your soul.
Good luck mate and take care (Y)

Date: December 09, 2018 04:35PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
gezere Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Modding is stronger than gaming.

It sure is. (Y)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy