Suspension showing in cockpit view

Posted by TomMK 
Suspension showing in cockpit view
Date: November 28, 2018 02:57AM
Posted by: TomMK
Would it be possible for GP4.exe to be patched to also hide the front suspension objects as well as the cockpit object when in driving view?

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Re: Suspension showing in cockpit view
Date: November 28, 2018 04:39PM
Posted by: Excalibur
You can only hide the suspensions from the carshape by moving the car_cockpit_00.gp4 objects a bit higher.
Into the cockpit view, this is the car_cockpit_00.gp4 file wich is used

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: November 28, 2018 11:57PM
Yeh - I'd rather not move the cockpit shape upwards because it blocks the drivers view even more. Plus some of the cars, like this year's Force India, have very high suspension so they would still show even then.

I'm looking for more of a programatical solution. I've tried making the suspension transparent - that doesn't work on car parts. I've tried adjusting the clipping distance but that applies to everything, not just the suspension. For unlocked cars I can move the suspension to the cockpit object.

To any programmers still here :- Is there a part of Gp4.exe where it draws the car components that we can edit to exclude suspension, as well as the car's cockpit object?

Date: November 29, 2018 09:18AM
Posted by: kedy89
You could just adjust the camera position after moving the shape upwards.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: November 29, 2018 02:30PM
Posted by: gezere
Another solution could be to "detach" the top of the front suspension from both "front suspension" objects and to "attach" them at the "cockpit" object.
So the top of the front suspensions should not be longer displayed in cockpit view, but it could generate strange things while looking at the car from the track cameras...
To be tested...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2018 11:11PM by gezere.
Date: November 29, 2018 11:43PM
That's my preferred solution Gezere - but only possible if the shapes are unlocked. I don't like to ask car makers to modify their shapes for me, so I'm looking for a solution that doesn't require that.

Except for modifying GP4.exe, I cannot find one though, hence my question to the community in case some other bright spark can solve it for me :)

Date: November 30, 2018 07:49AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
If it can be done with an .exe mod, Rene would for sure be your best bet. GPxPatch I think already keeps track of objects being loaded, but what flow on effects might come from disabling a mesh I don't know.
I would have a look if I could, but time - and me knowing next to nothing about Assembly - sort of put a dampener on that.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy