Windows 7 32 or 64 bit?

Posted by AustinF1 
Windows 7 32 or 64 bit?
Date: November 23, 2018 06:40PM
Posted by: AustinF1
I am having to bite the bullet I guess and upgrade my old GP4 dedicated PC to Windows 7 as my XP will not authenticate any more. I assume I will need the 32 bit version and not 64 bit but could use some advise on that. Also I run Zaz Tools, GPxPatch, and of course the GP4 with all updates including the no CD patch. Will any of these programs give me some grief running on Windows 7?

Thanks sincerely,
AustinF1
Re: Windows 7 32 or 64 bit?
Date: November 23, 2018 08:34PM
Posted by: MSchumi24
I use GP4 on windows 10 64-bit, so you see ...
Date: November 25, 2018 07:06PM
Posted by: huskyman49
I run Windows 7 64-bit for a long time - no problems so far...
Date: November 26, 2018 06:14PM
Posted by: mralpha
I have never loved Win7, nor the following ones. However, since I had to install a new Operating System, I opted for 64bit. I do not know what the difference is, but everything runs pretty well. In my opinion, Win7 gives GP a feeling of speed superior to XP (using the same MOD), as long as the exe needs to be configured in "compatibility with Windows XP service pack 3. I still use XP, however, when I play in LAN: It gives me more reliability.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy