Hotseat function: our CPU-driven cars are much faster than others

Posted by npnc 
If I use the Hotseat function and select nr. 2 or more drivers (I happen when I play with my children) I noticed that when our other cars are driven by the CPU, even without the use of specific settings, they are much faster than the other cars in the race that are always driven by the CPU.
This is not very funny!
Is there a way to solve the problem?
Thanks for your answers.

Bye npnc
My guess is your second car doesn't use perf file when driven by AI, thus being at 100% possible performance. I don't know if there's a way to fix it.

You can use the "Player car performance team dependent" feature of GPxSet in GPxPatch. This should also affect the player's car under computer control.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
The "Player performance team dependent" function of GPxSet in GPxPatch was selected on "old behavior" and there are 3 other options:
- Power only
- Grip Only
- Power and grip.
Which option could affect the speed of the cars driven by the CPU?
Anyway I will try to try the other options to see if the performance changes.
Thanks for the answers.
Bye
They all affect the CC player. I think you should try all options to see what works best for you. I also fixed a bug in 4.45 that was introduced in 4.44 with regard to "old behavior" and magic data. Perhaps this also affected you.

Ok, thank you!
npnc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The "Player performance team dependent" function
> of GPxSet in GPxPatch was selected on "old
> behavior" and there are 3 other options:
> - Power only
> - Grip Only
> - Power and grip.

There is your problem. If you select power and grip all the hotseat cars you select will use the performance file values for performance with you driving or the CPU driving. With old behaviour, you will be using the perf file values and the CPU won't, meaning they suddenly find more grip!

I use power and grip and race with teammates and it works perfectly.

Rich
The only difference between "Power and grip" and "Old behavior" pre 4.44 was in the application of Belini's player master grip patch. In 4.44 the magic data was not applied to player cars (including those under computer control in hotseat) in both cases. But in 4.45 that does not apply for "Old behavior" anymore.

I have installed the new gpxpatch 4.45 and I have solved the problem.
Thank you!
Great :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy