2 different teams with the same driver's name Tex file

Posted by F1Classicfan 
I've been working on a personal mod with cars from different years, however, I've come across a slight problem. Two different teams (lotus & tyrrell) both have a Tex file with the same name Nakajima.tex. When both cars are running in the game the lotus will have the correct livery but one of the tyrrell cars will have a messed up livery and be in the lotus's colors. I've tried to rename the Tex file through using gimp and reinstalling it into the game but have been unsuccessful. If I change the tyrrell's Tex file name the car's livery stays messed up, similarly if I change the lotus's Tex file name, one of the lotus cars livery becomes messed up and changes to the tyrrell's colors.

I read somewhere that the lod files look for certain named Tex files, hence why changing Tex names did not work. Does anyone know if there is a work around for this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Re: 2 different teams with the same driver's name Tex file
Date: November 11, 2018 02:06PM
Posted by: gezere
if the shape of one of the car is not locked, this is something which is easy to do. More longer to write than to do.....

rename one of the texture Nakajima.tex to Nakajima1.tex.
Then open the related car.gp4 with GP4Builder or Zmodeler then re assign the Nakajima1.tex at the place of Nakajima.tex for this shape...
Save the car.gp4 and it's done....

Thanks gezere (Y). That worked perfectly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy