wad-dat files problem

Posted by viking75 
wad-dat files problem
Date: November 07, 2018 06:46PM
Posted by: viking75
Hello,

I use to change slot some of my favorite tracks but sometimes it happens strange things. For example with Fuji track i converted slot suzuka (original slot) to slot1, slot 2, slot 3 and so on but see below what happens each time. However, I do as usal, see step by step. Can anyone tell me if he already encountered this problem ? Many thanks.

Re: wad-dat files problem
Date: November 07, 2018 07:04PM
Posted by: gap177
Try what has been recommended in the thread below.

[www.grandprixgames.org]

Use the track manager in gpxpatch and there is no need to rename anything.

Glenn (Cdn)
Date: November 07, 2018 07:05PM
Posted by: esv
Open S1CT02.DAT in GP4 Builder, click on "Track Structure" there and point there to the wad-file you need for this track, in this case sepang2001.wad. Save S1CT02.DAT.
Date: November 07, 2018 07:11PM
Posted by: n00binio
try the following: get cmagic4, open it and load the .dat file of the track you want to move to another slot. Click on "Edit Gp4 Info". In the pop up you should see an entry called "prefix" which will most likely have the value "suzuka2001". click on the box containing the value to select/highlight it and press "delete" at the bottom of the window. Save, close cmagic and try again in gp4. This might do the trick. This happens when the author links the .wad to the .dat to bypass the standard gp4 assignment of dat to wad.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: November 07, 2018 08:53PM
Posted by: viking75
So cool, guys, now it works very well. Thank so much to you.(Y)
Date: November 07, 2018 11:34PM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
You have to delete "sepang2001" at "Wad Name" in the extended game settings in GP4Builder. That's the easiest way to fix that problem, I also had this issue some weeks ago. (H) (Y)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy