Forcing retirements / damage

Posted by senna_fan_1983 
Forcing retirements / damage
Date: October 10, 2018 11:20AM
Posted by: senna_fan_1983
Hi all,

I wondered if there was any way to have a forced retirement if the human player loses a wheel in the race.
Or alternative ideas to make the AI represent what you can do with a human controlled car.

I noticed that the AI will always retire when down to 3 wheels, as well as puncture / suspension failure etc.
At the moment I can easily make it back to the pits on 3 wheels, and get that repaired quickly.
Perhaps an easier question would be is there a way to have a 60 second pit stop or something if a wheel / suspension fix is required - in order to punish the human controlled cars more.

What i'm ideally looking for is to narrow the difference between the computer controlled cars, and my car without me choosing to park it up myself after a crash (which I appreciate is an option!)
Whether that could be giving the AI more ability to return to the pits with wheels off / suspension damage, or hindering my ability to do so.

Be interested to hear what other people do in these scenarios! :-)
Re: Forcing retirements / damage
Date: October 10, 2018 07:38PM
Posted by: mralpha
It would be great, but I do not think it's possible.
Date: October 10, 2018 08:12PM
Posted by: teunieeegp4
With a engine failure or water/oli leak you can pit to and the problem is fix , if you press enter (box) , the cc cars are not pitting and slow down and retired the car.
Date: October 10, 2018 08:38PM
Yup that's exactly it! Oh well - I thought it might be impossible, seems like it is.

I'm sure I saw somewhere that perhaps extending pit stop times for more major issues could be a possibility though.
Date: October 11, 2018 06:27AM
Posted by: GP2tifoso28
I think it should be technically possible. If you hit something hard enough your engine dies and you can't drive the car, surely there would be a way to manipulate that function but probably nobody has ever looked into it.

I usually Park the car when something other than a loose wheel or puncture happens, but I must admit that when you do a 100% race it's hard to resist the temptation to 3 wheel the car to the pits gilles Villeneuve style and get a repair to still finish in the points.
Date: October 11, 2018 06:54AM
Posted by: Tommy40F1
Hi there senna_fan,
in GP4 tweaker is an option to do settings for
"refueling", "wings replacement" or "enginefixing".
It can be done for each contender
Greets
Date: October 12, 2018 09:50AM
I'll play about with those options Tommy, thanks
Date: October 12, 2018 02:26PM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
I even can pit with an engine failure and it will be repaired! hot Also I was running out of fuel for two times (Montreal and Bathurst), rolling slowly back to the pits. In Bathurst I reached the pits with only 1 kps and the engine was completely silent, but after the pit stop it was back again, I could race on to finish in 6th position. :-O
Date: October 12, 2018 08:44PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
Grand Prix 4, commonly known as GP4 was released for the PC on June 21, 2002.....

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: October 13, 2018 05:43AM
Posted by: Tommy40F1
....yes, it is.. and because of the modders it´s the best sim for F1
Date: October 13, 2018 07:38PM
Meteoro405 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Grand Prix 4, commonly known as GP4 was released
> for the PC on June 21, 2002.....

??

Can only assume that was meant as a reminder to how old this game is, and that my question was asking a lot for a game that old.

But with everything people have made to benefit this great game, and keep it going until this day, I think it was still a relevant question.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy