Generic Performance

Posted by Lory23 
Generic Performance
Date: September 14, 2018 06:34PM
Posted by: Lory23
Hi, there is a way to use generic performance in mod instead of specific race performances?
Re: Generic Performance
Date: September 14, 2018 11:32PM
Posted by: mralpha
Hello. I do not know if I understand correctly, however if you mean this, you can use a "generic" performance file valid for all the tracks, or a performance file suitable for each track. all this must be compiled in the GPxset.ini file inside the gpxpatch folder and, once the patch has been started, check the GPxset tab under "Performance".
Date: September 14, 2018 11:58PM
The performance text file is a common file in "* .txt" format, but the compilation is a bit 'long, based on real performance of the race and many tests on GP4. In the "Performance" file you can also update the names of cars and drivers, saving the file in a format that can be loaded later by GPxPatch.

Es.:

[Team #00] Name= Ferrari, Ferrari
Performance=874,875,200
First Driver=1,Michael Schumacher,15900,80,16500,50
Second Driver=2,Rubens Barrichello,15700,200,16300,150

In the square brackets the Team number must be indicated; after "Name" the name of the car and of the engine (not necessary); after performance you will have to report the car power values ​​in BHP respectively, from left to right, for the race and for the Qualifications, and the value of failures for the Team. Subsequently, after First Driver and Second Driver, there are the names of the drivers, with the performance values ​​for the race (left) and qualifications (right), associated with the range of skills. It must be kept in mind that the pilot's ability also influences the probability of error, or failures. This will be compiled for each team, with its characteristics.

In order to have specific performances, performances texts (and magic files) must be compiled for each track and placed in GPXpatch gpxpdata, with the GPxset and GPxtrack enabled options on the first page of GPxPatch, and the car power team dependant option activated on the second page , together with the physics file. In addition, you will have to directly compile the gpxset.ini file of GPxPatch, contained in gpxpdata. Opening the gpxst.ini file, in fact, you must enter the names of the performance files, matching them to the respective circuits.

Es.:

[CommandLine]
SeasonSet=
[PerfManager] Enable=1
Path01=gpxpdata\2004_specific_melbourne_perf.txt Path02=gpxpdata\2004_specific_sepang_perf.txt
Path03=gpxpdata\2004_specific_brasil_perf.txt
Path04=gpxpdata\2004_specific_imola_perf.txt
Path05=gpxpdata\2004_specific_barcelona_perf.txt
Path06=gpxpdata\2004_specific_bahrain_perf.txt
Path07=gpxpdata\2004_specific_monaco_perf.txt
Path08=gpxpdata\2004_specific_canada_perf.txt
Path09=gpxpdata\2004_specific_europe_perf.txt
Path10=gpxpdata\2004_specific_france_perf.txt
Path11=gpxpdata\2004_specific_england_perf.txt
Path12=gpxpdata\2004_specific_germany_perf.txt
Path13=gpxpdata\2004_specific_hungary_perf.txt
Path14=gpxpdata\2004_specific_spa_perf.txt
Path15=gpxpdata\2004_specific_monza_perf.txt
Path16=gpxpdata\2004_specific_indy_perf.txt
Path17=gpxpdata\2004_specific_suzuka_perf.txt

The names of the texts, of course, can be different. If instead you want to use the generic performances, you will have to create a generic text file, put it in gpxpdata (like the other performance texts) and compile the gpxset.ini file differently:

[CommandLine]
SeasonSet=
[PerfManager] Enable=
Path=gpxpdata\2004_generic_perf.txt

In this way, Gpxpatch will "read" only the generic text in GP4.

The Performance Text must be placed, together with any other performance texts, in the gpxpdata folder of GPxPatch so that it is saved in the GPxset.ini configuration file.

(Memorized from a tutorial by Samuele Pinna. I apologize in advance if I wrote something incorrect or omitted something).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2018 12:02AM by mralpha.
Date: September 15, 2018 07:20AM
So I'll need to delete "Path 1, Path 2, Path 3" ecc... and delete the "1" from "PerfManager"? I'll try this later, thank you
Date: September 15, 2018 01:22PM
Posted by: Foreverk
Lory23 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So I'll need to delete "Path 1, Path 2, Path 3"
> ecc... and delete the "1" from "PerfManager"? I'll
> try this later, thank you

Only delete the "Path 1, Path 2, Path 3", etc. the rest as the "1" stays, would look like this:

[PerfManager]
Enable =1
Path =gpxpdata\performance.txt (or generic.txt or the name you gave to your generic perf file)
Date: September 15, 2018 03:33PM
Excuse me, would anyone have specific performance for the 2018 circuits? Thanks in advance.
Date: September 15, 2018 04:32PM
For some reason, it doesnt work with the 2005 mod
Date: September 15, 2018 08:16PM
[CommandLine]
SeasonSet=
[Misc]
DisableProgressBar=0
TeamPower=0
TeamPowerType=3
skya=skya
tarmac=tarmacmap.bmp
[PerfManager]
Enable=1
Path=gpxpdata\XXXPerformancefile.txt
[PhysicsManager]
Enable=1
Path=gpxpdata\XXXPhysicsfile.g3p
TorquePath=

The performance file and the physics file will be automatically inserted into the gpxset.ini, once you have checked "Performance" and "Physics" in the GPxset tab of the patch and assigned the path to the folder where you have those files.
Date: September 19, 2018 07:43PM
How did it go?
Date: September 19, 2018 07:52PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
He crashed.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: September 19, 2018 11:43PM
Nothing...it doesnt work for 2005 and for other mods too. I think ill continue to use specific track performance, thanks anyway

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2018 11:43PM by Lory23.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy