LAN with Windows 7

Posted by mralpha 
LAN with Windows 7
Date: September 08, 2018 10:43AM
Posted by: mralpha
Hi people. I created the LAN network with a "cross" cable for two PCs with Win 7 and I shared the GP4 folders for each computer, but when I start the multiplayer race one of the PC's does not find the session. With XP it was immediate. With Win 7 I do not understand why. Someone can help me? Thanks in advance.
Re: LAN with Windows 7
Date: September 08, 2018 01:33PM
Posted by: mortal
Are both rigs set to run in XP SP1/2? Both have to have the same OS as well.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 08, 2018 05:10PM
The two PCs have the same operating system: Win7 SP 1, but you made me think that perhaps the start of one of the patches is not in "compatibility with Windows XP SP 3. Later I try. Thanks a lot.
Date: September 08, 2018 10:45PM
It's tricky to setup, from memory there might be something on it in the GP4FAQ topic.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 09, 2018 02:42AM
Thanks for the reply. I will check. In any case, as soon as I solve the problem, I will post what I have done.
Date: September 10, 2018 07:13PM
Hi guys. I managed to set up the network, but in reality I went by trial. Now everything is perfect and GP4 runs perfectly on the net even with Win7. Of course it's faster. I have drafted a PDF (especially for me) that does not want to be a tutorial, but a reminder. If anyone has to add, simplify or correct it is absolutely welcome.
I hope it helps.

Fabio

[www.mediafire.com]
Date: September 10, 2018 08:45PM
Can you pm that to me in text format please, might be worth adding to the FAQ. Thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy