Team Editor Erreur E/S 998

Posted by kedy89 
Team Editor Erreur E/S 998
Date: August 07, 2018 01:59PM
Posted by: kedy89
Been trying to get the tweaker coordinates for the 2018 cars. After inserting the carshapes into the wad, I get this error message when trying to switch to quickcam 1. Happened with the Ferrari and Mercedes, yet to try the other cars.
[i.imgur.com]

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Re: Team Editor Erreur E/S 998
Date: August 07, 2018 04:19PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Happends to me as well. Carshapes are so heavy.
Date: August 07, 2018 05:57PM
Posted by: kedy89
Managed to grab most of them now by continuously trying, error seems to pop up at random, not a specific car.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: August 07, 2018 07:34PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Error E/S 998 means Invalid access to memory location

I have got a runtime error 216 at 00403E72 randomly but always when I change the team from the carshape tab in V or Tcam view , probably due to the weight of the lods_0 which are loaded by TeamEditor. It is right to say that the cars are heavy...but always into the GP4 limits in terms of Vertices/ Faces (65535). I hope that the cars will be a bit lighter with the 2019 rules and less aero parts.

I tried some things without success:
1- using the 4Gb patch for X86 programs or to modify the .exe or with CFF Explorer to allocate more virtual memory for the program : when using this, I have got the error E/S 998
2- using the cleanTEkey.bat: It works fine for a moment but the runtime error comes back quickly

Before to display the Runtime error message, I have got this message:

Strange that I had this problem more often recently. I didn't change my cars.wad and always under Windows 7 (x64) . Just a new updates for my CG and windows security updates. That's all.

I am trying over things to fix this problem. But I am quite sure that E/S 998 and runtime error 216 at 00403E72 have the same cause.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: August 07, 2018 10:51PM
Posted by: bencoull
Pareil Excalibur, j'ai ce problème là depuis 2-3 jours quand je veux régler la t-cam et les positions du casque et volant.
Date: August 07, 2018 10:55PM
@bencoull: Interesting that you have the same problem since a few days, too... Did you modify something into your cars.wad recently?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: August 10, 2018 01:38PM
Posted by: bencoull
Did you find the origin of the problem Excalibur ?
Date: August 10, 2018 03:20PM
Yes. I tried with the original gp4 cars.wad and I have got no E/S or runtime error anymore.
So, I guess that the problem occurs with heavy lods.

The solution may be to make a cars.wad with lower lods (only lod_1 or lod_2, for example) just for TeamEditor.
1- Make a backup of your cars.wad
1- Delete lods_0, lods_1, lods_3, lods and lods_4 from your cars.wad, excepted lods_2
2- Rename lods_2 as lods_0
3- Recompile your wad
4- Open TeamEditor and go into the options tab/ change cars wad path to select the wad modified
5- Set your cameras and others positions as you wish but Don't click on the apply button!
5bis- Don't forget that for the tyres positions, you have to note tyres positions for each team, then to report them into GP4Tweaker (gp4tweak_data/ tyrepos.ini from your main GP4 folder)
6- Just save Team file (File/ save team file)
7- Change cars wad path to your original cars.wad from your main Grand Prix 4 folder
8- File/ load team file. Then, cameras and others positions should be applied to your cars.wad
9- click on the apply button

Edit: This doesn't work. Maybe a problem with one or several cars that TeamEditor can't manage to load correctly

The other way is to use RT Edit in game to set Cams/ helmets/ tyres/ St wheel positions: [www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2018 06:01PM by Excalibur.
Date: September 23, 2019 12:21PM
Posted by: TomMK
Anyone else find a satisfactory solution to the TeamEditor crashes? It's really annoying crashing all the time with these modern heavy cars!

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: September 23, 2019 05:46PM
Hi Tom!

Because of the heavy lods, there is not enough memory for TeamEditor to load all the carshapes.

The only solution possible if you want to set the coordinates from TeamEditor is to make a second cars.wad with lower lods into it only:
How?
1- Extract you cars.wad into a folder. Make a copy of your original cars.wad into a new folder named as Carswad TeamEditor, for example.
2- Delete all the lods from cars teams.
3-a: If you have got already lower lods into your original cars.wad, pick-up the lod_4 and rename it as lod_1 (make a copy and rename it as car_carxxx_car2_lod_1). So , you have got 2 cars for each team with lower lods renamed.
3-b: No lower lods? Load the 1st lod into Zmodeler and export it into .3DS format/ open it with polygon cruncher/ reduce the carshape to 70%/ Save it/ Reopen the .3ds file (shape reduced) into Zmodeler and export it into .gp4 format.
4- create a new cars.wad from your folder cars inside carswad TeamEditor
5- Open TeamEditor/ make your settings and apply.
6- Once done, Delete your cars.wad (with reduced carshapes) and make a new cars.wad from your original files

The settings you have modified and applied with the cars.wad reduced are saved and will be applied to new cars.wad automatically

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy