2013 mod ctd when changing maps [crash log]

Posted by agathosdaimon 
2013 mod ctd when changing maps [crash log]
Date: August 02, 2018 01:14PM
Posted by: agathosdaimon
Hi! I am not too up with how to mod GP4, so i was just using the 2013 mod from gp4 forever by Josekast. The issue i am having is that everytime i go to race on a different track, the game will crash and i do not know why

here is the log that i uploaded to pastebin

[pastebin.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2018 01:31PM by agathosdaimon.
Re: 2013 mod ctd when changing maps
Date: August 02, 2018 01:22PM
Posted by: mortal
Upload the error log to pastebin. Edit the header to show [Crash Log] and place the link in your first post.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 02, 2018 01:32PM
thanks, i have done that now
Date: August 02, 2018 01:46PM
Posted by: mortal
Have you set the GP4 executable to run in compatibility mode XP SP2/3

Also, please be patient. SDI will look at your log soon enough. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 02, 2018 02:02PM
yes i had to set to winxp sp2

thanks

I hope the log can shed some light on the issue
Re: 2013 mod ctd when changing maps [crash log]
Date: August 03, 2018 12:54AM
i hope someone will be able to help me -please
Date: March 24, 2019 03:11AM
hi I am still waiting on a reply here - i think 11months has been long enough thanks
Date: March 24, 2019 03:46AM
Posted by: TomMK
No need to be snarky. Have you asked the author of the mod? Do you have the same issue with the original game, or other mods? Have you upgraded GPxPatch to the latest 4.52?

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: March 24, 2019 03:54AM
sorry, i dont mean to be snarky, what i meant really was that i decided i would wait for a reply but and so now think 11 months is long enough that i should just ask again

i did not have the same issue with the original game, and with the 2013 mod from josekast i get a ctd after every 2-3 races (which is a little better than having it happen every time after a race)
Date: March 24, 2019 08:24AM
Posted by: TomMK
To me it looks like a bug in the mod (possibly related to the wheels?), so best to ask this question over at GP4Forever.com I think.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: March 24, 2019 09:16AM
okay thanks, i will do that, though first i might try the 2015 mod to see if the same issue occurs
Date: March 24, 2019 09:51AM
Posted by: gezere
between 02 August and today, there are not 11 months but only 8... ;) ;)
It looks like a good idea to test with others mods released here or at GP4 central.
If you get the same issue, I am afraid it will be not related to them.

Date: March 24, 2019 10:11AM
gezere Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> between 02 August and today, there are not 11
> months but only 8... ;) ;)
> It looks like a good idea to test with others mods
> released here or at GP4 central.
> If you get the same issue, I am afraid it will be
> not related to them.

oh you are right ,sorry - i mistook the date i registered for the date i last posted
Date: March 24, 2019 01:44PM
Posted by: phantaman
Strange that he did not report it there in the topic and did it here. I read the .log generated and it seems there are inconsistencies but, for the current time, it is preferable that it test with some other material. So we stand by and hope he succeeds. (Y);-)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: March 24, 2019 02:06PM
well i think i possibly did query the issue over at that other site come to think of it, but never had a response while here the possibility that someone may look at a log and isolate the issue seemed more promising - i didnt think it would be something wrong with the mod, but rather some other windows compat or card setting i was overlooking - sorry i am not really any kind of expert in any of this, i just wanted to enjoy GP4 again as a bought it again last year (i had it years ago but traded it) and found all these mods that look so amazing and want to play them without the constant crashing - also because GP4 seems finicky i was thinking this would all be some GP4 specific thing i would need to tweak
Date: March 24, 2019 03:05PM
Look, I believe it is possible to update the gpxpatch tool (in your gp4 there is an outdated version), modify the debug mode (for high). Does the hardware have 4GB or 6GB? Is an intel hd 4600 onboard video? Is the operating system a windows 8 in the single language version? If the hardware where the GP4 is installed is this, do not waste your time or mine, as this will not run (fully work the 2013 mod compiled by Josekast). :-)

MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Date: March 24, 2019 03:24PM
my computer is windows 10 home with i7 core, geforce gtx 860m, 16gb ram - it has an integrated intal gfx on it also though (that 4600hd thing) though i dont know why the mod only ever states that one, even though i switch the nvidia global settings to be nvidia, - if there was someway to reset the card it recognises?
the gpxpatch is the one that comes with the josekast mod, - that mod is really an all in one, as i dont know how to do the mods where one puts all the bits together manually - cars, tracks etc (i tried previously but it was a terrible broken mess)
Date: March 24, 2019 05:10PM
If the hardware is this, it shows that something is wrong with the configuration / installation of grand prix 4 and its mod (2013). I suggest you reinstall as recommended in several tutorials contained right here in GPG and there in GP4Forever (Y)

Date: March 24, 2019 11:09PM
i think you are right now because i did install the Josekast 2015 mod last night and when i did it, i made sure i had my nvidia card as the global preferred option and that mod has been playing perfectly, no crashes at all after 10 races
- i know that when i installed teh mods for 2013 and 2014 that i did not have the card preferences set so it automatically went to the intel card which seems to have stuck even though i have set the nvidia card for the preferred on its exes, so i will do a reinstall and see if making sure nvidia card is selected fixes the issue thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy