SEBRING (WIP)

Posted by huskyman49 
Re: SEBRING (WIP)
Date: November 14, 2020 03:57PM
Posted by: huskyman49
[www.mediafire.com]

In the past couple of years I have contributed quite a few converted mods and cars to GP4 - the number of downloads and positive feedback was always a big motivation which I accepted with gratitude.
For track converting I'm not firm enough with the necessary GP4Builder functions. Unfortunately I couldn't find any tutorial complete and und understandable enough (at least for my humble mind :-o...).
So I think it's not immodest to ask all of you track builders to help me with this Sebring track. I would do all the texture work if someone could provide the other parts like dat-file etc.

best wishes
Karl

The enclosed file is from Race07.
Date: November 15, 2020 08:54AM
Posted by: tojepo
i watch what i can do with it

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cl323fcwf2i61/GP4_Files';] >>> My Other Tracks for GP4 <<<[/url]
Date: November 15, 2020 10:45AM
Oh, that's nice. Thanks in advance :-)
Date: December 04, 2020 01:25AM
I just wonder if you still have the Sebring track in mind... :-o;-)
Date: December 04, 2020 04:17PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
If Tojepo works on dat, maybe he can collaborate with the graphical environment.
The Covid-19 pandemic left my company in a bad situation. We are working long hours to get afloat ... and I am traveling to different cities for it.
I can't commit to anything, but if "habemus dat", maybe I can collaborate and fulfill your dream Karl !!!

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: December 04, 2020 04:22PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
A meteoro should be traveling fast. ;-)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: December 04, 2020 06:09PM
:-):-o(G);-)
Sorry for your situation, Ariel, - I put fingers crossed for fast improvement, but thank you for your commitment anyway!
Date: December 04, 2020 07:15PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
Turbo Lover escribió:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A meteoro should be traveling fast. ;-)

Yes, maybe too much, on a very lonely road on the plain after crossing mountains, at the exit of a blind curve, there were the police!
185 kms/h, a grade 3 infraction (the maximum around here) ... to pay the bank and talk to the judge ... and that I braked around the curve ...

@Karl we'll get through it. Thanks for your wishes

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: December 04, 2020 07:27PM
:( Ariel, you should have been waiting for the Sebring track to travel that fast and even faster....
Date: December 04, 2020 09:02PM
Hi all,

I have almost finished cleaning up the graphics part to reduce the number of faces and vertices but there are more too big for GP4
and it will be necessary to make choices >> raise or replace many objects ...
in parallel I started the DAT, maybe I will have a good base for Christmas ...

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cl323fcwf2i61/GP4_Files';] >>> My Other Tracks for GP4 <<<[/url]
Date: December 04, 2020 10:36PM
Hi.

you leave me almost speechless...
From racing on your beautiful Mid Ohio track I'm well aware what skilled track builder you are - so I'm very happy with your progress and looking forward with great excitement :-O
If I can do anything to assist you, please let me know...

best regards
Karl
Date: December 04, 2020 11:39PM
Posted by: Zacio Geribello
to those who enjoy the stories of racing cars, here are some of the all-time great drivers of the world that won the Sebring 12h: Stirling Moss Mike Hawthorn, Juan Manuel Fangio, Dan Gurney, Phil Hill, Joakim Bonnier, John Surtees, Ludovico Scarfiotti, Jim Hall, Bruce McLaren, Jo Siffert, Jacky Ickx, Jackie Oliver, Ignazio Giunti, Nino Vaccarella, Vic Elford, Gérard Larrousse, Mario Andretti, Peter Gregg, Brian Redman, Bob Wollek, A. J. Foyt, Bobby Rahal, Jochen Mass, Hans-Joachim Stuck, Geoff Brabham, Arie Luyendyk, Derek Daly, Juan Manuel Fangio II, Johnny O'Connell, Wayne Taylor, Stefan Johansson, Gianpiero Moretti, Michele Alboreto, JJ Lehto, Timo Bernhard, Allan McNish, Olivier Panis, Tom Kristensen, Marcel Fässler, Sébastien Bourdais, Christian Fittipaldi, Ryan Hunter-Reay, Felipe Nasr, Pipo Derani, Harry Tincknell and many others... :)

Sebring would be a great track for GP4 :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2020 03:21AM by Zacio Geribello.
Date: December 05, 2020 12:26AM
Thank you for the impressive list!
Oh yes, Sebring would deserve to be part of the GP4 track list.
Guess why I insisted so persistent that someone would build the track: I was born in 1949 in Voitsberg/Styria, a small town in the southern part of Austria.
And in this town, believe it or not, the Remus company was founded in 1990, producing exhaust systems with a beautiful sound...
The first models of their exhausts were named.... SEBRING

Sorry for the giant picture ;-)
Date: December 05, 2020 03:34AM
Posted by: Zacio Geribello
that fits, Karl, Sebring 12h is a very traditional race :)
Date: December 05, 2020 03:47PM
for tojepo: some material - maybe you can use it...

[www.mediafire.com]
Date: January 05, 2021 10:17PM
#tojepo: Hi and a happy, sound and successful 2021.
Any progress with the Sebring track or is there anything I could lend a hand?
best regards
Karl
Date: January 06, 2021 09:51PM
@Karl

I couldn't work much on it these last weeks
the DAT is approximately 50%
the track is long ;-)

Date: January 06, 2021 11:17PM
Pleased to hear that you made progress despite a limited time window for that hard piece of work...
As far as I could see it's not the easiest track to convert - long as it is and also the buildings and other stuff are voluminous.
Beeing aware of the tracks you made which I'm using with great pleasure I'm still looking forward with great excitement and I'm sure you will once deliver a wonderful new track for our great GP4 simulation.
I started meanwhile a conversion of a nice little car - it's an Austin Healey Sprite (frogeyes) - the original has about 165000 faces which I have to reduce to 65535 - I hope I don't loose to much details/quality -
anyway, I bless the guy who gave me the hint to use Polygon Cruncher which I didn't know before.

btw, could you use the material I sent you in early December?

greetings
Karl
Date: February 07, 2021 08:51PM
Date: February 10, 2021 11:23AM
[www.youtube.com]

So how is the Sebring progress, my friend... ?;-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy