SEBRING (WIP)

Posted by huskyman49 
SEBRING (WIP)
Date: July 29, 2018 11:05AM
Posted by: huskyman49
as I'm currently trying to build the Sebring track from scratch (this is my first attempt to build a track...;)) GP4 Builder tells me in the track flag list that I have produced two errors: 'ERROR Sector 0 (86) Sector is far from track sector with 86 cmd', 'ERROR Sector 0 (86) Directon is different from track direction'
How to correct this?
Re: SEBRING (WIP)
Date: July 31, 2018 09:17AM
If I didn't have enough respect and admiration for all of you track modders I have it now after unsuccessfully trying to build Sebring track - I quit! :(
Following the trackbuilding tutorial I was only able to produce thre track layout, the pitlane and CC-line but that's it so far - the cars follow the unvisible track but they are flying in the air...
I figure I'll better proceed converting cars...
Date: July 31, 2018 09:58AM
Posted by: thestig88
Sounds like you have actually created the "track" (well done!), its just the graphical side that needs rectifying, I'm sure the Track building guru's can assist you (Y)
Date: July 31, 2018 01:32PM
thanks for your motivating note... :-) Actually I got stuck with the graphics...
Date: August 01, 2018 01:50PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Send me the dat file.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 02, 2018 06:29PM
Thanks for your offer! I will send you the *.dat file but it will last a while. Unfortunately I miscalculated the track distance so I have to rebuild the track first.
Meanwhile I send you my newest conversion - a BMW V12 LMR in his test car livery... (check your PM).

[share-your-photo.com]
Date: August 03, 2018 12:17PM
Thanks, np.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: August 03, 2018 04:27PM
[www.mediafire.com]

Here is the -dat file. I've been faster han I thought, but now it crashes the game :( - there are some ERRORS in the track flag list but I don't fully understand their meaning. Two of them occured when I build the kerbs...
Hope you can help...
Date: August 03, 2018 05:01PM
ERRORs solved, the cars are flying now gallantly through the air around the track with good speed - they even pit (pitcrew doesn't appear...)... ;)
So there's just the graphic side to solve... hope that with a little help from you and others I will understand how to manage that topic until Christmas eve, haha...
Wouldn't it be nice to race on one of the oldest US-racetracks? I have a lot of IMSA-cars already built and WIP...
Date: August 04, 2018 10:41AM
[www.mediafire.com]

Reworked file, cc-line fixed, banks of pitlane completed, only two ERROR messages left...
Date: August 05, 2018 02:49PM
Have a look at it when it's cooler in Hollande.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: August 05, 2018 04:12PM
thanks, same heat here in Austria... hot(B)(B)(B)
Date: August 05, 2018 05:38PM
You have pm.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: August 07, 2018 11:24AM
Poblem fixed?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: August 07, 2018 11:44AM
thank you so much(B) As far as I can see there are no more ERRORS in the *.dat file.(Y) In the onboard view I noticed some missing kerbs which I will have to add plus the CC-line doesn't connect properly at S/F...
I meanwhile switched to modify Meteoro's Kart-Mod to my liking which will cost some time, but when I return to Sebring afterwards I'm sure I will have a lot more questions to ask...
Date: August 07, 2018 06:33PM
(Y)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: October 07, 2020 04:50PM
Posted by: Zacio Geribello
by the way, fulfilling the few minutes I've got, and out of curiosity, how's Sebring? :)
Date: October 08, 2020 10:40AM
Considering the amount of time necessary and my lack of knowledge and experience I decided to quit my track building ambitions in favour of converting cars.
Unfortunately none of the track building experts laid a hand on the Sebring project so far to my knowledge - some of them create fictional tracks instead (which I personally don't use...).
Sorry for that outcome but thanks anyway for your demand
Karl
Date: October 08, 2020 03:26PM
Posted by: Zacio Geribello
Tks for answering, Karl. I hope someone gets interested one of these days :) Sebring is not a name to be forgotten...

To learn how to make them - the tracks - is queued. Maybe we will become droids in the near future and will live 200 years
Then we will have the time... :)
or maybe things just get less complicated, which is not in the trends today...
Date: October 08, 2020 05:22PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
Starting from a good dat, it is possible to get a good track. Objects, fences, bridges, buildings, stands, and trees can be imported from a Rfactor or AC version of that track (for example), but still, the work that remains to be done is enormous !!
Unfortunately I don't think we will see many real new tracks for GP4, except for some that Davide or Paulo are working on. There are hundreds and hundreds of hours of hard work for an increasingly smaller community ... but we are talking about a game that is 18 years old!

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy