Slows downs FPS drop with low PO

Posted by DS2k3 
Slows downs FPS drop with low PO
Date: July 20, 2018 07:16AM
Posted by: DS2k3
Hello,

once every now and then i feel nostalgic and fire up GP4 to remember the old season etc.

ive downloaded alot of the community mods over the years and the quality is still high to this day. amazes me.

I have still notice a problem that FPS seems to drop or slowdown at various points on tracks. my Processor occupancy stays below 100 but i still see the frame drop/slowdown. feels like the game goes in slow motion then speeds back up. Can anyone advise what causes this? my computer is well up to the task. specs below.

System Specs. Ryzen 1800X GTX980ti 32GB RAM windows 10. ive even experienced this on my old I7 4770k.

Cheers
Re: Slows downs FPS drop with low PO
Date: January 24, 2019 09:33AM
Bump,

Hi Posted this about 6month ago, still having the same problems.

I have changed video cards VEGA64 now and the issues remains. Even with stock GP4 this happens.

basically PO is below 100 and fps at 60 but game has moments of slow downs. to my understanding this is due to the game being coded in Assembly? and the faster the computer the more out of sync the game goes and has to slow down.

can anyone confirm they have this problem, ive found a few thread on other forums but with no solution.

Cheers
Date: January 25, 2019 12:02AM
Posted by: TomMK
Not heard of this issue before. Are you using GPxPatch? If so, try running the game on only 1 CPU.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: January 25, 2019 09:14AM
TomMK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not heard of this issue before. Are you using
> GPxPatch? If so, try running the game on only 1
> CPU.

Thankyou for your reply. Yes i have tried GPXpatch with different CPU options, "all, 1, 0, 2. same.

it says its runnings at 60fps and <100 PO but its like it just goes slowmotion, especially in corners. Maybe ill try running it on an older computer and see if its the same.
Date: February 17, 2019 03:54AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
I've been having an issue that I think matches what you've described since coming back to the game.
Ryzen 5 1600 & MSI Radeon RX480 8GB running on Windows 8.1
Without my PO budging from ~50% and my reported FPS not deviating from 40 (which is what I have set in the game's graphics options) I'll experience what you've described above.
This period of slow-down also isn't recorded in the GPxLap log at the end of the lap.

This was happening regardless of graphics quality settings.

I appear to have solved it using the Radeon settings panel. I created a profile for GP4.exe, and set the 'Frame Rate Target Control' to 40 FPS, matching my in-game setting.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2019 05:29AM by AUS_Doug.
Date: February 17, 2019 08:18AM
Posted by: tamburello
I had this issue too a couple of years ago with my ATI card. I think this is some kind of a driver releated issue. I finally switched to Nvidia when AMD brought drivers that put some graphical glitches (artifacts) into the game - seems like at least this issue was fixed.
Date: February 19, 2019 01:03AM
AUS_Doug Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been having an issue that I think matches
> what you've described since coming back to the
> game.
> Ryzen 5 1600 & MSI Radeon RX480 8GB running on
> Windows 8.1
> Without my PO budging from ~50% and my reported
> FPS not deviating from 40 (which is what I have
> set in the game's graphics options) I'll
> experience what you've described above.
> This period of slow-down also isn't recorded in
> the GPxLap log at the end of the lap.
>
> This was happening regardless of graphics quality
> settings.
>
> I appear to have solved it using the Radeon
> settings panel. I created a profile for GP4.exe,
> and set the 'Frame Rate Target Control' to 40 FPS,
> matching my in-game setting.

unfortunately this didnt help, unless radeon control panel is bugging and the settings doesnt stick which seems to happen often.

regarless this happens with my NVIDIA aswell. ill try lock the FPS to 40 as you have and see if it helps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy