Moving tracks in other slots not possible anymore!

Posted by TGF1Driver2 
Hello guys,

I just wanted to move Laputa Circuit into slot 1, I have opened the wad and renamed everything correctly from monza2001 to melborne2001. But, after creating melborne2001.wad, the only thing I got was me driving high above the original circuit of Monza 2001. :-O hot Then I did a fresh download of Laputa and everything once again, but nothing changed. Then I thought it could be a faulty WadUpdater and I've tried to use Easywad, but it is not possible to rename files or create a new wad with this crappy tool produced by ZAZ Tools! :-( (N) What now? I'm doing a personal championship and Laputa is the next track, and I really should drive that race tomorrow. So a fast solution would be very helpful! Thanks.

TGF1DRIVER
Did you edit the .dat file too?
What version of GPxPatch are you using?

I have moved several tracks to different slots and had no problems with the tracks.

LAMH DEARG EIRIN

GPGSL Alpha Motorsports, S13 Race Driver #8 S14 Race Driver #2, S15 Race Driver #2
You look so sure that you are doing "evething correctly" that you should try to create your own tool !!!
When I look at the majority of your posts there are always problems coming from others.... Do you think it is true?
And regarding your own dead line to race tomorrow.... How to say that.... I am going to be honest...After to have read your post... I don't care ;)

The dat.file was renamed from S1CT15 to S1CT01 as always. I'm using the latest GPxPatch version, 4.44. Unfortunately I'm not smart enough to create my own tool! I have renamed the nine files inside the wad as you should do. The problem is known already since more than a year, it's really time to work on a solution now. I simply can't explain why there are completely other graphical objects shown ingame when I just renaming a few files! They are still the same files anyway! I don't know, this is an absolutely nasty problem! :-O :(
Apart from renaming the dat to S1CT01 you have to check the first sector of the track, and delete any reference to a wad, just leave it empty, save the dat and try. As you can see in the pic, that track reads the data from monza2001.wad, so if you only change the name of the track it still will point to the monza wad. Not 100% sure but I think it´s worth to try it!:

i've renamed the Laputa track aswell and built the track wad with GP4 Master and guess what TGF1Driver, the track don't works. So it's definately a track problem and not a tools problem. And like Bernard said, if you aren't happy with the tools, go on and build your own ones, before you damn the tools as crappy. You are right foreverk, if you delete the monza.2001 entry in the dat, the track works, so thank you for the hint :).
Now it works! Foreverk you are a hero! If I had to mention the 5 best people around here, you would definitely one of them! :-) (Y)

I'm sorry for coursing sometimes but I'm often very frustrated because weird technical problems are haunting me since almost 5 years right now.
Does nobody use the track manager in Gpxpatch? If you do use this to manage your tracks, there is absolutely no reason to rename any dat or wad files at all. Any track can be used in any slot. I would suggest this method of installing tracks. I have never had any issues with the installation of tracks since this feature has been available in Gpxpatch.

Glenn (Cdn)
gap177 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does nobody use the track manager in Gpxpatch? If
> you do use this to manage your tracks, there is
> absolutely no reason to rename any dat or wad
> files at all. Any track can be used in any slot. I
> would suggest this method of installing tracks. I
> have never had any issues with the installation of
> tracks since this feature has been available in
> Gpxpatch.
>
> Glenn (Cdn)

I have always used the Gpxpatch track manager to move my tracks around and never had any problems either.

LAMH DEARG EIRIN

GPGSL Alpha Motorsports, S13 Race Driver #8 S14 Race Driver #2, S15 Race Driver #2
I second that. If you can't use ZAZ tools that's the best option.

Else Track installer do it easily

--------------------------------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy