Posted by: Meteoro405
Thank you!!

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Re: Renault R.S.18 [released]
Date: March 26, 2018 11:37PM
Posted by: RHill
Oooooo nice!

So maybe this year there is a chance of all cars being released? Did something change from last year at all?
Date: March 27, 2018 09:48AM
Posted by: rracunis
RHill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oooooo nice!
>
> So maybe this year there is a chance of all cars
> being released? Did something change from last
> year at all?

It remains the same , those who know how to convert cars from other racing games probably will make just for their own use as the guys from these games don't allow to release their cars for free . Some cars will come out but not all the grid , hopefully things change but I don't have too much hope .
Date: March 27, 2018 11:05AM
Posted by: Hega
I'm working on the next car now, so at least 2 cars from me if everything goes well. The other guys are working on couple more so all in all maybe 4-5 cars could be done in the near future. But these 2018 cars are aerodynamically so complex that it takes maybe twice as much time as 2015 or 2016 for example. We do what we can, when we can.
Date: March 27, 2018 12:36PM
Posted by: Slasher
Well Hega, those of us who don't have the talent for these things very much appreciate the effort that you and others put in so we can continue to enjoy this game.

Slasher.
Date: March 27, 2018 02:15PM
I don't want to polemize but I really have a doubt . I purchased the 2018 ACFL Mod and already converted almost all cars to my own use . As a buyer , which are the rights I have ? Why I cannot publish them in a public basis ? Is it a legal or a ethical issue ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2018 05:13PM by rracunis.
Date: March 27, 2018 03:03PM
I would imagine rracunis that if it's a legitimate item to purchase, then it would be illegal to give away for free. By legitimate i mean the makers of the mod have an agreement to sell F1 merchandise with F1 themselves.

If they do not have an agreement to sell then for starters they wouldn't be able to sell it in the first place, never mind stopping you from distributing it for free.

I'm no Lawyer so don't take my word for granted, but you can't distribute something for free if its being sold legitimately.

It would akin to you purchasing GP4, making copies of it and distributing it for free.

What i'm interested in though is how you converted it over to GP4, thats got me interested.

If its a legitimate purchase then i'm certainly interested.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2018 03:08PM by Slasher.
Date: March 27, 2018 03:36PM
okay so after a bit of research Ive tracked down that there is an asserto corsa mod by ACFL you can but that gives you the 18 cars in Asserto Corsa. My guess is these are then being converted to GP4 for use there...which can’t be shared publicly because the ACFL won’t give permission?

Is that right?

Next question can someone please post how to convert from AC to GP4 because I would probably just do it myself if I am able.

With thanks
Richard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2018 03:50PM by RHill.
Date: March 27, 2018 03:51PM
Posted by: Alessio88
The liveries are accurate an hd as well as low resolution,the cars 3d models are not bad not accurate like the modders would make them for gp4,I put that down to both though experience and the fact that they built 20 cars in a month,as real 2018 cars only been showed to public in February
About selling them for AC I believe is only a reward for the free time they take to build the mod up,as long as I'm concerned the only f1 authorised game and protect by copyright is the f1 series made by codemasters

Greetings
Alessio

CoM3 oN McL4R3n.....:)
Date: March 27, 2018 04:05PM
See my edited post above
Date: March 27, 2018 04:23PM
Yes mate,that's the reason unfortunately.
I think it might be a tutorial on how to convert on this forum somewhere not too sure though.

Greetings
Alessio

Date: March 27, 2018 04:26PM
Alessio88 Wrote:
> The liveries are accurate an hd as well as low
> resolution,the cars 3d models are not bad not
> accurate like the modders would make them for
> gp4,I put that down to both though experience and
> the fact that they built 20 cars in a month,as
> real 2018 cars only been showed to public in
> February
> About selling them for AC I believe is only a
> reward for the free time they take to build the
> mod up,as long as I'm concerned the only f1
> authorised game and protect by copyright is the f1
> series made by codemasters

Which sounds about right, a donationware. So in reality they couldn't stop you from converting them for GP4 and distributing because they don't have a license to do so.

Yet is it really ethical to take there work and distribute it when they are asking for donationware?

Probably not. And we don't need another "bitch fest" when we are trying to keep this sim, and others alive.

Slasher
Date: March 27, 2018 04:52PM
I would be grateful if anyone could point me towards a tutorial for converting in that case? I can’t see anything on here.
Date: March 27, 2018 04:55PM
Posted by: vesuvius
RHill Wrote:
> okay so after a bit of research Ive tracked down
> that there is an asserto corsa mod by ACFL you can
> but that gives you the 18 cars in Asserto Corsa.
> My guess is these are then being converted to GP4
> for use there...which can’t be shared publicly
> because the ACFL won’t give permission?
>
> Is that right?
>
> Next question can someone please post how to
> convert from AC to GP4 because I would probably
> just do it myself if I am able.
>
> With thanks
> Richard

ACFL does give permission to convert their cars, however they ask that they would be than sold to the users and they would get their share as well. And that's basicly against every gp4modders wish, as this has been always a hobby for them and they have done it for free for us to join.

So yes ACFL cars can be converted but not be released publicly.

About the conversion thing, you need 3dsimed, zmodeler, gp4builder, photoshop( or similar) and slimtex. Converting them is not too difficult, but it will take some time (deleting some objects, renaming etc.), I have converted few of asetto corsa cars myself and I have gotten them to the game and they work , except while viewed from further or from other car, the textures won't show correctly (turns white or black etc).Perhaps someone is willing to give tutorial, how to do it correctly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2018 04:57PM by vesuvius.
Date: March 27, 2018 04:56PM
Yes let's call it a donation even though it's a forced donation otherwise you can't download the mod lol, but that's not the point,like you said and we all think it would be a lot easier to have these guys to agree to publically share these converted cars but that's what we got unfortunately,so I think to use the modders gp4 cars 4 or 5 for this year like Hega said and convert the rest of other cars and keep them from ourselfs without public links on this forum,I'm sure this community is more than able to do that so we will be all happy.

Greetings
Alessio

Date: March 27, 2018 06:05PM
Understood , thanks for the comments
Date: March 27, 2018 06:20PM
So if anyone does have a tutorial for conversion I would be grateful!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy