Using Multi Player

Posted by AustinF1 
Using Multi Player
Date: March 06, 2018 07:23PM
Posted by: AustinF1
I always knew that GP4 had MP but never used it. Now, my son is getting interested more and more and I have acquired the stuff to setup two side by side simulators with GP4 so we may run against each other. My question for now is do I install two identical GP4s on each PC and network the two with an Ethernet cable? How do I set these up? Any advice appreciated.
Re: Using Multi Player
Date: March 06, 2018 09:28PM
Posted by: mortal
If both rigs have the same OS, the same installation of GP4 and mods etc. It will work. You will need a crossover cable, not an ethernet cable. Don't try to network it through the router, you are only creating additional problems, a crossover cable is direct pc to pc and was the preferred option, well, the one that actually worked.
Note that you cannot run qualifying. If I recall correctly, the way I got around this was to run hotlaps to determine which driver was quicker, and then used GridTool to modify the grid for the race.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 07, 2018 03:15AM
Posted by: AustinF1
Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't know these were different and this will save me some grief. The PCs are identical except the graphics cards are different.
Date: March 07, 2018 10:53AM
Posted by: salvasirignano
I used to run races with my younger brother, it worked very well!
The hosting PC will run at 100% I always found, so best to host it in GP4 through your stronger PC, to keep the framerates high.

Have fun! :)

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy