Estoril 84-93 & 94-96: Completion of a project running for more than 10 years...

Posted by n00binio 
Estoril is a circuit I always loved and ever since track editing became possile for GP4 I wanted to build this circuit. Ages ago I created an okish .dat layout and pimpones1 added the graphical part. This was completed at some point in 2007 or 2008, the files can still be found at GP4DB. Back then only the layout used from 84 to 93 was brought to a usable state. Some time ago plodekk and cleberpister updated this version in a beautiful way to reflect the look of the circuit as seen in the early 90s.

While I liked the the visuals I personally was never too happy with my .dat work. During the last couple of weeks I found some motivation to work on it again. I took the version from 1995 trackpack done by plodekk and cleberpister (because I like that version the most) and did several things:
- I kept the 84-93 layout, changed the width of the track to a realistic 10m value, built new kerbs and added some higher res trees.
- I prepared a second variant wich includes that ultra tight chicane used from 94 to 96 and also includes the changes to width, kerbs and trees.

It's far from perfect but especially the version with the chicane is sorely missed so better than nothing I guess :) I can not rule out that at some point there might me another iteration but for now I'm happy with the result and I might want to work on other tracks at some point instead of making this an endless story ;-)

Both versions look and drive well and are ready for release. I wanted to ask plodekk fo permission as I'm buildung upon his and cleberpister's trackpack work but received no answer (both haven't posted here for aprox a year). Considering this and the fact that I worked on the original release as well I think it should be ok if I just go ahead and share these new developments with you guys.

All I have to do is prepare two packages, upload and maybe do a little video clip :)

Here's a pic for good measure:

edit: download here [1drv.ms]

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2018 10:44PM by n00binio.
Look forward to the finished product. Kudos to the few who remain developing new tracks and stuff for GP4. Anyone working on the Baltimore and St Pete complete Indycar tracks?
great news! I was very much waiting for the Estoril 94-96
out of nowhere, nice :D

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Nice stuff, not a fan of the chicane version though. ;-)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
It's not too bad actually, accelerating up the hill while still turning is quite challenging without tc.

Ah, and here is a link :) [1drv.ms]

I hope you like it. Again, certainly not perfect but hopefully good enough :)

Thanks for the track update. Well done!! (Y)

Glenn (Cdn)
cool, if you want, you could use mine hi-res textures from mine thread (for a better visual work). Just give me the credit. ;)

My workthread with all RELEASED and WIP stuff

Rot Teufel schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> cool, if you want, you could use mine hi-res
> textures from mine thread (for a better visual
> work). Just give me the credit. ;)

Thanks for the offer, I'll look into it :-)

Many thanks!
Hello everyone, with permission n00binio publish a 95 version with corrections [cloud.mail.ru]
reduced the movement of stearingwheel on the pitlane. after that fixed a problem with the beginning of pitstop.
changed areas of gravel and grass, curbs. fixed a visual problem in the boxes
Looks great, I remember you doing this track a long time ago. :-)

My workthread - [www.grandprixgames.org]
Full of classic F1/non-F1 track layouts

My blog about F1 performance analysis - [thef1formbook.wordpress.com]
thanks a lot!

thank you for your work on the track :-)(Y)
First of all, THANK YOU very much for this track. Really well done.

One thing I would like to know. Why does the AI is shaking the steering wheel so strange in turn 3 and 4?
I think this track is created a few times by different people, but the "shaking" is always there.

Could somebody please tell me why.
Thank you very much

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2018 03:12PM by npnc.
WOW NOOBINIO!! awesome job you done. Congrats!

I remember our first Estoril Project (H)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy