Estoril 84-93 & 94-96: Completion of a project running for more than 10 years...

Posted by n00binio 
Maybe its the way CC line was done.. all you have to do is create/modify the cc line... Once you make it, the drivers will stop shaking.
Ohhh, great to see you in here! :-)(Y)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
hello, i try reduce shaking. new version of track: [cloud.mail.ru]
I used the 94-96 track and it looks awesome! But for some reason, ALL cars get stuck in the pits when they come for their scheduled stops. I tried the 'fix pitstop bug' trick from GPXpatch but that hasn't solved the issue. Is there a way to fix this please? Thanks!
bump

running in the same issue with the 84-93 version regarding the pitstops and wheel shaking, anyone can help fixing this?

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
I think the wheel shaking is due to the fact that the initial cc line section has a length of only 2 sectors. I did this as a shift angle would be required otherwise and that caused some problems as well. Concerning the pitstops: I usually test this and I think I didn't notice any problems but I'll have another look. Actually one should not use "fix pitstop bug" imho as it can, at least in some cases, lead to cars being stuck in the pitlane.

Edit: I could reproduce the pitstop error, I'll have a look. Seems the length of the initial pitlane sectors is a bit off, maybe it is due to that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2019 03:21AM by n00binio.
Bit of digging in old threads suggests that the wheel shaking might also be due to the pitlane

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Good news everyone, pitstop bug has been solved. The sector lengths were off, indeed. I'll now have a look at the shaking

great news :) thank you very much (Y)
Well, sorry, I have to retract my last statement, still not working properly for all teams :-( Seems to be a more fundamental issue.

oh that's sad, do you think you can find a solution?
OK, I think I fixed the pit stop bug and the st wheel shaking in the pitlane now. It was a combination of wrong sector lengths all over the pitlane and wrong values for cc cars direction. I'll have a look at the shaking on track and upload a .dat for testing later. Currently it is for the 84-93 version. It's a lot of work but I'll do my best.

thank you so much for all your efforts :), i totally appreciate it :)(Y)
New dat for the 84-93 version has been uploaded, link in the first post is still valid, the rest is self explanatory I guess.

i've tested the new dat and the pitstop works now, aswell as the shaking in the pitlane is gone. Thank you very much for finally solving the problem Chris :) (Y)
Thanks a lot for your feedback (Y):-)

I'll try to provide a working .dat for the 94-96 version in the next couple of days

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2019 11:28PM by n00binio.
very good :), btw i've added the laps for the different years in the dat files. Is it ok, if i upload the dat files here?
That is ok for sure, feel free to do so :-)

great, thank you very much :) here is the link for the dats

[www.mediafire.com]
The 94-96 version has been updated/fixed as well, again please follow the link in the first post

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy