Weird error with GP4 on Windows 10 using GPxPatch

Posted by TGF1Driver2 
Re: Weird error with GP4 on Windows 10 using GPxPatch
Date: February 10, 2018 08:57PM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
After heavily fighting with Windows 10 I got GP4 Builder and Norton working at last and GPxPatch too. I put the whole GP4 main directory into a separate folder on the desktop and linked GPxPatch with a new installation to that new folder and now it works. No plan why it didn't work with the other folder inside programs (x86). But I don't need to know everything. But for some reason I have completely white cars right now (except the original cars) using any cars.wad. I think GP4 and Windows 10 are kidding me again. :-( (N)
Date: February 10, 2018 10:12PM
SOLVED: Increase car texture qualitiy (inside the files f1graphics.cfg and f1graphicsold.cfg) was 1 and the cars were white, I set it to 0 then and the cars are shown right.

But now there's another big problem: The car textures are too much for GP4! :-O hot The cars.wads of the personal mods I have made are between 900 MB and 1.1 GB large and the cars are moving slower than in any slow motion! hot (N) I have worked for about two months or more on these cars and now they should be too much for GP4!? I can't deal with that! I simply can't! I want to drive these amazing cars I have made! But the cars are moving only one time every approximately 1.5 seconds! This is absolutely nasty! That's not racing, that's frustrating! Do you have any idea how to fix this? Otherwise I have to end my GP4 career. :( (N)

P.S.: I have already tried different ingame graphic settings. That changed really nothing.
Date: February 16, 2018 04:12PM
Does somebody know a good and free graphic card driver for Windows 10 which makes GP4 playable also with big car textures? Would be very helpful if somebody knows some useful drivers, thank you.
Date: February 16, 2018 04:33PM
Posted by: gap177
@TGF1Driver, go to the manufacturer of your video card and download and install the latest drivers from their website. Just reduce the size of the tex files to reduce the size of your cars.wad. You may also want to remove any tex files which aren't being utilized.

Glenn (Cdn)
Date: February 16, 2018 05:01PM
I already have downloaded and installed the latest drivers. They are simply crap.

How can I reduze the size of tex-files?
Date: February 16, 2018 08:56PM
Posted by: kedy89
I'd use slimtex.

Try to keep your wad size below 900MB, even with a decent PC it often seems to slow down a lot ingame once you've exceeded that mark. Had the same problem with the GPGSL mod, once I reduced the size of a few textures to get the wad smaller than 900MB (even by just a bit) it was running perfectly fine.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: February 17, 2018 01:31PM
Well, I just deleted some textures and tried it cars.wads with 892 MB and 869 MB. No the game runs about 2-3% faster. Still much too slowly. This is a nasty GP4 bug! :((N)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy