Weird error with GP4 on Windows 10 using GPxPatch

Posted by TGF1Driver2 
Weird error with GP4 on Windows 10 using GPxPatch
Date: February 01, 2018 11:27PM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
Hello guys,

after almost three months historical pc working with Windows XP I finally got GP4 running on my new Windows 10. I'm using decrypted exe 1.02 and the 9.6 patch is also installed. Starting GP4 without GPxPatch works fine, but when I'm using GPxPatch 4.44 it asks me for the CD! :-O hot :-( (N) What now? I have already tried compability mode of Windows XP Service Pack 3 but nothing changes. Unfortunately VMLite XP Mode is not working anymore too, so I think I have to fix the other problem. Any help please!

Thanks, TGF1DRIVER
Re: Weird error with GP4 on Windows 10 using GPxPatch
Date: February 02, 2018 09:50AM
Posted by: gezere
The solution is to install a virtual drive on your laptop. Google it. This should fix your issue.

[www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2018 09:51AM by gezere.
Date: February 03, 2018 12:57PM
Thanks, I have tried the download but it's still the same problem. When I launch GP4 with GPxPatch it still asks me for the CD, but I have no drive for a real CD in this pc anymore! So any other ideas?

By the way has someone a link to a free and working Windows XP iso please? That's because I would try GP4 on VMLite again, but the virtual machine won't launch. I have already tried a Win XP iso downloaded somewhere but I think it's broken because VMLite doesn't take it.
Date: February 03, 2018 05:01PM
Posted by: phantaman
Daemon Tools (Y);-)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: February 03, 2018 06:52PM
Well, now I have tried Daemon Tools as well. When I try to create a new iso file it says "The project is empty. Please try it again." Any other ideas to get to an iso file of Win XP?
Date: February 03, 2018 08:28PM
Well, it seems that Windows 10 won't like any virtual machines. I will try to install GP4 and every patch again, maybe this is the solution.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2018 11:22PM by TGF1Driver2.
Date: February 04, 2018 12:19PM
Huh? Do you want to install gp4 on a virtual machine? it is? why not install on windows 10 in normal environment? ;-)

MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Date: February 04, 2018 01:33PM
That's because on Windows 10 GP4 asks me for the CD but I have no physical drive for a CD on this Computer anymore! As I said yesterday I will try a new Installation, but I don't think that GP4 will work then, but I try.
Date: February 04, 2018 08:32PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
TGF1Driver2 écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, now I have tried Daemon Tools as well. When
> I try to create a new iso file it says "The
> project is empty. Please try it again." Any other
> ideas to get to an iso file of Win XP?

You need to 'feed' your 'project' with the iso first. Maybe not an obvious way to proceed, can't remember exactly how it was, but that's the way I installed it (on Seven though, don't know for W10).

Date: February 04, 2018 08:38PM
Who says GP4 does not work on windows 10? yes, it works and even your common editing tools (Y)

Date: February 05, 2018 12:30PM
Now I have made a fresh download of GPxPatch from the SDI Game Utilities website and installed GPxPatch into the GP4 main directory (programs (x86)/Infogrames/Grand Prix 4). Now my antivirus scanner says that it have found a trojan inside the file "gpxpatch.gxm" and blocks GPxPatch.exe automatically. What now? I have never had such a strange issue before. :((N)

The same problem happens when I'm trying to open ZModeler, ZAZ Tools and GP4Builder. The only thing which is not deleted from my Antivirus software is WadUpdater.

I don't know if the Antivirus program is simply wrong or not, but my pc is very new right now and I don't want to risk an infection of a virus. So please, can somebody give me links to GPxPatch 4.44, ZModeler v1.07b, GP4Builder 2017B and ZAZ Tools 1.26 which are to 100% free from any malware? Best would be mediafire. This would be really great, because otherwise I won't get somewhere with this issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2018 08:27PM by TGF1Driver2.
Date: February 05, 2018 11:21PM
That you want has to be out of c: \ program files (x86) ... create a folder in C: \, give write permission and install everything there. There are numerous examples here in this forum and in GP4forever ... it is a matter of general knowledge of what should be done. in any case, I am deducing that the antivirus of your PC should be an AVAST or similar. remove this and put an AVIRA (also free, which is less harmful). The ideal is Windows Defender and only. And do not forget to put a restriction so that it is not checked the folder that you will create and that's it. (Y)

Date: February 05, 2018 11:31PM
Well, it's not Avast and it's not Avira. It's Norton Internet Security, a software probably only available in Germany. But why it says there's a virus in everything that worked fine on the other pc that crashed with the same antivirus scanner. And the point with the knowledge, I'm doing nothing else as I did on Windows XP or 7. But for some reason everything goes wrong on Windows 10.
Date: February 05, 2018 11:37PM
Posted by: gap177
Grand Prix 4 runs fine in Windows 10 and the standard installation folder "c:\program files (x86)/Infogrames....". I've never had a problem with the standard installation folder and all editors/utilities work perfectly. In regards to the anti virus, I agree with Phantaman.

Glenn (Cdn)
Date: February 06, 2018 12:01AM
So I should simply ignore the warnings of the antivirus software? Are you sure?
Date: February 06, 2018 02:01AM
NIS? even worse ... it controls everything and slows down the PC more than it really is. of course yes

PS: I already had NIS installed on my PC, but that was when I had installed a windows server (12/13 years ago) on it. And had the licence..

Date: February 06, 2018 08:56AM
Posted by: munnzy
i run GP4 in on windows 10, folder is inside program files not \ program files (x86) this wont work.
run gpx patch in compatibility for windows xp service pack 3 and mode and set to run as administrator.
let us know how you get on
Date: February 08, 2018 09:23PM
Well, GPxPatch is not blocked by Norton anymore, but for some reason GP4.exe is starting always without it! Starting as administrator, with compatibility mode of Windows XP SP3, running everything in the GP4 main directory, everything is just the way as it was always. But for an unknown reason when I'm starting GPxPatch it's always the standard GP4 without GPxPatch, the intros are shown, even I have ticked to skip them. I really don't know where the mistake should be. I just don't know it.

The other issue is that I also unblocked GP4Builder from Norton, but as I wanted to start it suddenly a message screen from Windows popped up that the program had to be deleted because it's a seriously risk for Windows. WHAT!? Is Windows kidding me!? :-( (N)
Date: February 09, 2018 09:07AM
Posted by: munnzy
norton sucks the big one
Date: February 10, 2018 07:09PM
munnzy schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> norton sucks the big one

You mean Norton Internet Suckity is still faulty? I don't know because on Windows 7 Norton didn't block GPxPatch or GP4 Builder.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy