AI Vs. Player Pitstops

Posted by RHill 
AI Vs. Player Pitstops
Date: December 10, 2017 04:49PM
Posted by: RHill
Hi all,

I'm trying to make sure my pitstops (the whole thing - entry, stop and exit) are as consistent with the ai as possible. Basically making sure I don't have an unfair advantage. What things should I ensure are in place to make sure this happens?

Is there anything anyone does to make sure particularly the entry and exit aren't a place where the player gains an unfair advantage?

Thanks in advance
Richard
Re: AI Vs. Player Pitstops
Date: January 07, 2018 07:46PM
Posted by: Atticus.
Bump.

It's mainly the sectors to pit begin, sectors to pit end and pre pit speed limit values in magic data that help here.

You should make sure the sector values don't prompt erratic veers from the CC cars that might trigger a crash, i. e. try to make them long enough so that they join the CC-line seamlessly - or at least allow the CC cars to make a nice smooth way from the CC-line to the first pitlane sector and from the last pitlane sector back to the CC-line.

The pre pit speed limit defines the amount of deceleration the CC cars make before the first pitlane sector. This is quite crucial; if you give a value that is too low, they'll slow down excessively, maybe even cause a crash. I don't really know how to make them avoid some deceleration completely, but I took the highest value the original tracks have to offer (20480 for Montreal) and work with that, if needed.

Good luck!

My workthread - [www.grandprixgames.org]
Full of classic F1/non-F1 track layouts

My blog about F1 performance analysis - [thef1formbook.wordpress.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy