my first car

Posted by landex 
Re: my first car
Date: November 21, 2017 12:50PM
Posted by: Canadian76
Guys help. First engaged in the conversion. In zmodeler 2 like all done. But there are parts not 28, and only 21!!! How to rename?

Date: November 21, 2017 07:57PM
Posted by: munnzy
Good to see you are getting stuck in mate. people have their own different ways of converting. personally i think you have done well. export each part you have from zmodeler 2 as .Z3d parts and then open with zmodeler 107.
open each part individually in zmodeler 107 and make sure the dds file is replaced with the tga version, also make sure the UV mapping is correct at this point.

Once this has been completed either merge all the .Z3d files into zmodeler 107 and then export as .GP4 file or

Export all parts as .GP4 files and then open and add .GP4 files to make the whole car. when the whole car is in gp4 builder you can split it up and rename parts in to the 28 parts needed.
note the front wing is 4 parts
left wing
right wing
left front fin
right front fin.

people are very good on here and will give you the way they do this probably faster and easier than my explanation
good luck (Y)
Date: November 21, 2017 10:12PM
Posted by: landex
The zmodeler 107 its very good to export to .gp4 but for what i exprience in 3 days, it seams to unconfortable to work with.
Thats why munnzy imports first to zmodeler 2.

Canadian76, i rename it in gp4builder, if is some parts missing, i move or divide them to new a part or object.

You car looks great!:)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2017 10:15PM by landex.
Date: November 22, 2017 08:25AM
Posted by: rracunis
Just keep some objects in the Gp4builder with one face only , usually a hidden one . Doing so , you will have the 28 objects .
Another option is detach parts from some objects you have ( among the 21 ) , usually front or rear wings , using zmodeler 2 or above , creating then 28 objects needed to have a proper .gp4 car file .
Date: November 22, 2017 07:16PM
Now i give up! if i change the graphis option it get all back .
Here is the lod for some one who want to fix it.
I give up.
car lod

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2017 08:26PM by landex.
Date: November 23, 2017 04:50AM
Why not rename part from Zmodeler 2?
Date: November 23, 2017 06:57AM
So, I was divided into 28 parts. And he did it in Zmodeler 2. I put the TGA textures in Zmodeler 1. Opened in GP4 Builder, and now I don't know what to do here! Please help. In principle, I understand that to export the LOD model, but what to do with textures. I don't understand. And why is the car green?

Date: November 23, 2017 07:40AM
I understand how to export car into GP4 file. But how to export the textures in TEX files so that they were tied to the car?
Date: November 23, 2017 06:39PM
you can remove the green colour by picking the object from the side bar, then from the menu at the top , pick action and then remove green object and it will be white .
keep going you are doing so well in a short time.
Date: November 23, 2017 06:57PM
Iam like Canadian76, exporting the mesh works good, the problem is the textures and materials. Even i we add a new material(thats what i dont understand), in-game it shows bad. For some reason, some textures change the behavior and blink in some cameras.
Date: November 23, 2017 07:39PM
I need a video guide or at least step-by-step guide. I feel like I'm close, but there are times that I don't understand. If I succeed, I want to convert mods from rFactor 1976, 1978. I miss these Championships. And please tell me With a Challenge 00-02 converted the same way?
Date: November 23, 2017 08:03PM
Canadian76 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I need a video guide or at least step-by-step
> guide. I feel like I'm close, but there are times
> that I don't understand. If I succeed, I want to
> convert mods from rFactor 1976, 1978. I miss these
> Championships. And please tell me With a Challenge
> 00-02 converted the same way?

Me too.
Date: November 23, 2017 08:24PM
The blinking cars in game especially with suspension is due to UV mapping.
to get this right import each item like suspension into zmodeler 107 and select the material, ie carbon and also the object box at the top, . in the uv window will show the material and the part.
then move the part into the picture of the material and its done.
took me ages to find and do this successfully but it works.
see these for insperation
[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: November 23, 2017 08:28PM
So, the texture was wrong. All fixed. All textures are in TGA format. Renamed the files in Zmodeler 2. 28 files. The texture on the car. What to do next, I don't know. To export the machine to a file? But how to make textures were in a separate file, in the format and tied to the car?

Date: November 24, 2017 09:32AM
Posted by: Lacrowe
It seems to me that the two cars in question belong to the 1978 season, in which I recognized the McLaren M23 and Hesketh created by Modder David Sabre for rF.
While for the McLaren M23 was a car previously flipped for F1C and then modified, I would like to hear that the Hesketh has the back wing off axis, a problem that I solved without problems but that no one ever warned.
Date: November 24, 2017 10:37AM
Yes those are cars. I just want to convert them to mod 1978. If it is forbidden, I will do it myself personally. I only the third day firmly deal with software. I think I understand how to bind texture. The problem with the model. The game I have crashes. Did something wrong. I have a few questions?

1 Definitely need to have 28 files?
2 be sure to rename the files in Zmodeler 1? Or you can rename Zmodeler 2?
3 All parts have to match the name? Or you can take any part and call it, for example, rear wing?
4 Wheel files is not included. Be sure to export with the model of Zmodeler 2? Please explain.
Date: November 24, 2017 12:02PM
Posted by: Lacrowe
Each game has its own rules, so it's best to see how a car used for GP4 is structured and split into as many parts with its names as rF cars.
Importing cars with Zmodeler2 is better to prepare the car with the parts and names that serve to run GP4.
Images in .tga are supported by Zmodeler2 and hence the job is better to do it all from it. Once the car has been completed, it is best to save it in .z3d to be acquired with zmoder1.
David Sabre can be contacted on this forum (http://historicsimracing.123.st/) to get the permission you need.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2017 12:03PM by Lacrowe.
Date: November 24, 2017 03:48PM
Does not work! The game crashes. And it's just something with the model. With the textures sorted out. I picked up the old machine and put it on their texture – everything works. When I put in the model – the game crashes. Please see that this model is wrong?

[yadi.sk]
Date: November 24, 2017 04:07PM
Posted by: gezere
The names of your 28 objects look to be OK.
The objects are not in the right order. Re-order them with GP4 Builder : Action/ Sort car objects and save it
However I don't think it could be the cause of the crash, but it worths a try.
Please post GPX patch log. It generally provides good indications

Date: November 24, 2017 05:10PM
Well. Two hours will do
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy