Thank you. Great work.
Re: GP4 Builder 2017B
Date: September 07, 2017 07:31PM
Posted by: airbusa380
Thank you very much!
Date: September 07, 2017 08:37PM
Posted by: munnzy
you Sir are a star and we would all be lost with GP4 Builder. Thank you for your efforts allways
Date: September 08, 2017 02:21AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Date: September 08, 2017 09:48AM
Posted by: gezere
Encore un grand merci Laurent. ;-)

Date: September 09, 2017 11:58AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Merci and Thanks :)

Date: September 09, 2017 12:11PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
Awesome work mate! Thank you! :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: September 12, 2017 12:58PM
Posted by: davegp4
cheers buddy(B)

Latest Themes / Mods > [www.mediafire.com]
You Tube Video's [www.youtube.com]
________________________________________±
Date: September 12, 2017 03:23PM
Posted by: TomMK
Thanks!!

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: August 26, 2019 02:33PM
Posted by: Soutsen
Is there any way I can rename these values at the MD section of the track editor?

Date: August 26, 2019 06:03PM
Posted by: Noog
Soutsen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is there any way I can rename these values at the
> MD section of the track editor?

I think probably not.

But you can edit the titles in the cmagic4.ini and any new MD file you create/export will include your modified titles and comments - although GPBuilder will still ignore them and use it's own titles.

I'm no expert but I think it's more efficient to store the magic data in an MD file - because the same circuit used in a different mod often requires the MD file to be tweaked - so in my archive each folder (circuit) has .dat, a .wad and a settings.ini etc along with a number of MD files set up for each appropriate year/mod.
Date: August 27, 2019 08:21PM
Could you share your MDs? Or anyone. I just basically can't find any MDs made by modders.

Date: August 28, 2019 12:14AM
Posted by: Noog
My MDs probably wouldn't be much use to you because all my mods have been re-modified so at the very least you'd have to adjust the gearing all the time.

Sometimes, mods have a set of MD files included. TomMKs 93 mod has a very comprehensive set IIRC (MDs for many tracks are included).

Also, I think there are a lot of MDs some of the trackpacks. In addition, many track makers include an MD with their circuits.

Only a few circuits don't have an MD. Other tracks don't include a separate MD file, but the data is there, it just needs to be extracted from the .DAT. When I get a new track I always load the .DAT into CMagic4 and save the default MD in the circuit folder. (Another benefit of doing this is it will update the titles/comments with the ones from your customized cMagic4.ini). It only takes a few seconds and it's always good to have a backup.

Very occasionally, when there is no MD, I copy the MD from a similar circuit, ie slow and twisty or fast and free-flowing etc., and use that. You can get errors doing things that way (like cars crashing when entering the pits), but you'll learn a lot by fixing them. Be aware of bumps however. If the donated MD puts a bump further along the track than the number of sectors the track actually has, it'll crash.

Hope that helps.
Date: September 06, 2019 02:04AM
Trying to create a CC-line, and the tool crashing always when I just want to adjust these:

In fact it is automatically increases/decreases the .mm values when I just want to highlight/pick up the number and crashes due to that. Can this feature be disabled somehow? :-/

Date: November 12, 2019 08:21PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
I don't know if it was already reported; when opening a carshape in gp4 format and choosing Tools > Useless Texture Files and it shows useless textures (Names), when applying the button Remove Useless Textures the program doesn't recognize it as a change when you exit the program. When you save the gp4 file before exiting the program, the game will crash after a few seconds if you are in a race or a session.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy