Noob here - Can't get GP4 to work, binkw32.dll not found [Fixed]

Posted by forerunner919 
Hi all,

I downloaded GP4 recently but I can't get the game to work properly because it keeps claiming that the file "binkw32.dll" wasn't found. The message keeps popping up even after various reinstallations. I've tried finding the file itself on other websites but I seem to have had no luck. Where do I go from here? Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2017 01:45AM by mortal.
Check the FAQS thread, I believe the answer to missing binkw32.dll is covered there.

Glenn (Cdn)
Thanks for the link. I downloaded the RadTools program given in the forum, but I'm not sure what exactly to do with it. This is what they said on the forum:

As far as I know, the missing bink error is not the fault of the dll file itself, and it is unusual for the codec to be corrupt, particularly after an installation.

Possible causes: Incorrect installation of v9.6 patch, incorrect decyrypted exe.

Untested possible fixes are: copy the dll to C:/windows/system and or: remove the video files from the game dir.

gpx_patch: check box enabled: Skip intro, Skip start-up menu. cpu 0, debug on, vebosity medium.

What exactly do they mean by that?
binkw32.dll from my own GP4 game folder
Try to download this file and copy it to system folder (C:\WINDOWS\system) and to your game's folder (C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4 - or whatever else path is, I mean the folder which contatins GP4.exe file)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2017 05:59PM by Soutsen.
Thanks for the binkw32.dll download link! That seemed to get that part working. Unfortunately, I've run into another problem. (Sorry) At first it said that f1system.txt couldn't load, but I was able to find a copy online and post it in the appropriate folders. Then it said that "ldata\English.str" couldn't load either. Do you have a copy of that file?
Try this thread forerunner919 a lot of these games are the full game just follow the READ ME file(B)

[www.grandprixgames.org]

Latest Themes / Mods > [www.mediafire.com]
You Tube Video's [www.youtube.com]
________________________________________±
you can download the full game from there.
it's full working vanilla version of the game, with all the needed patches included. you may want to upgrade the gpxpatch to the current version (which is 4.44), so you can download this tool from here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2017 08:23PM by Soutsen.
Soutsen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you can download the full game from there.
> it's full working vanilla version of the game,
> with all the needed patches included. you may want
> to upgrade the gpxpatch to the current version
> (which is 4.44), so you can download this tool
> from here

Game works great!!! Thank you!!

Just need to get the physics of the game down and the Xbox controller setup... Then it will be perfect :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy