How do you convert an Rfactor track to GP4 ?

Posted by KimiHeikki 
How do you convert an Rfactor track to GP4 ?
Date: May 03, 2017 01:12AM
Posted by: KimiHeikki
I know it's possible and that it is very complicated ,But I really wanna know how to do it.I saw some threads about it ,but not any good explanation about it...Can someone please tell me ?
Re: How do you convert an Rfactor track to GP4 ?
Date: May 03, 2017 11:11AM
Posted by: mortal
To my knowledge, no-one has written a comprehensive tutorial on the subject. There is an rFactor to GP4 listed in the FAQ, however it may only refer to converting cars.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
You have to use this program to import and export 3d objects from rF: [sim-garage.co.uk]

You still have to use GP4Builder for making the dat file that matches the 3d track environment from rF.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Turbo Lover Scritto:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You have to use this program to import and export
> 3d objects from rF: [sim-garage.co.uk]
>
> You still have to use GP4Builder for making the
> dat file that matches the 3d track environment
> from rF.

Yep, but before the 3ds files must be resaved in the same format using Milkshape, like written in the TRD conversion guide.

My workthread with all RELEASED and WIP stuff

Date: May 03, 2017 02:54PM
Posted by: wrs
Date: May 06, 2017 04:25PM
Posted by: jimbob1
Rot Teufel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Turbo Lover Scritto:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You have to use this program to import and
> export
> > 3d objects from rF: [sim-garage.co.uk]
> >
> > You still have to use GP4Builder for making the
> > dat file that matches the 3d track environment
> > from rF.
>
>
> Yep, but before the 3ds files must be resaved in
> the same format using Milkshape, like written in
> the TRD conversion guide.

thats an older method now & can be done better now tbh..the milkshape part was added because the older versions of gp4 builder didn't apply the textures to objects on imports...laurent sorted that out later thankfully
think someone really needs to start asking people to share what they know and start compiling guides..

i was saying this a few years ago.....people leave and also the knowledge..

tbh it's been so long i would need to find 3dsimed & go thru the steps to remember.

i do think what i tried after did get better results & gave you decent 3d objects when imported to gp4 builder & all was textured correctly etc...

guides ......need more guides...
If you use an older version of 3dSimEd (example 2.6a), you'll still need the milkshape passage in oder to have all the right textures on the converted 3ds model. I checked this some days ago.
Probably with newest version one doesn't need the milkshape passage.

My workthread with all RELEASED and WIP stuff

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy