How to force a laptop graphic card in GP4? (dedicated and on-board GPU's)

Posted by jucksman 
Skaa it looks like you didn't install the driver for the second card.

Yep, as Eric wrote, you have to download and install geforce drivers. it will solve your troubles when booting with this on.

Wait a minute.....???? If there's a 3d Nvidia control panel wouldn't there also be drivers as well? The control panel is usually part of a driver package isn't it?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
@Mortal : 2 guys, 2 issues in the same thread ;-)
Jucksman who initiated the thread told about nvidia control panel and slowdowns but Skaaningen didn't and his Windows reboot issue most probably means he didn't install nvidia drivers.

Haha excuse me, but no drivers? The Nvidia card works with Half-Life 2 and Call of Duty for example. No problems.

I install drivers via Nvidia Experience every now and then, so there must be drivers for the card, would it not? Do I need other ones?

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
@SkaaningeN : You might download your nvidia driver install file on your desktop, then reboot your laptop with integrated card deactivated and start the nvidia driver installation. This way, driver will be completely installed if not yet.

Guys,

I´ve unistalled everything and reinstalled the ´Vanilla´ Gp4 from GP4 Central. In the bare game, I get 25fps with some graphics in medium - windows defender, firewall and avira (antivirus) were disabled...It´s playable, but the strangest thing is that when I first installed the game in my new laptop, I had 60fps with everything on maximum settings, even with Gp4 Central´s 2016 Mod installed and PO lower than 100...

I don´t want to disable the integrated graphics card, because I had good performance initially...what I´m trying to discover is what I could possibly be missing and how to recover this initial good performance.
Also, I selected GP4 and gpxpatch in the Nvidia control panel but it still reverses back to the Intel card when I enter the game...
Had the same problem last year, never got it to work

I don't know where it lies in intel panel, but maybe you activated anti-aliasing option. This sole option cuts fps in 2 with any card for GP4 if enabled.

24 fps in the vanilla install - antialiasing off.

Really far from the 60fps I originally had...
Does compatibility modes affect game performance?
Did you try this trick I gave you the other day ? :
you can make a backup of your f1graphics.cfg and f1graphics.BAK, delete them and run the game without them to be sure the game regenerate them... and see if you get any better perfs.

Lo2K, I did the trick you suggested, but fps were still low.

I think I´ve tried pretty much everything...I guess I´ll have to quit GP4 altogether, unfortunately. Even F1 2016 runs much smoother than GP4 in my laptop...

It´s a shame, because I really love this game...

Lo2k Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did you try this trick I gave you the other day ?
> :
> you can make a backup of your f1graphics.cfg and
> f1graphics.BAK, delete them and run the game
> without them to be sure the game regenerate
> them... and see if you get any better perfs.
(Y)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Try to find a solution more or less within this by inactivating or reducing one or the other item.

MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Something that usually "shatters" with gp4 fps is activating features (all) in mirrors, including filters there.

I´ve tried doing that, Phantaman...I set the game exactly like your screen, but I got 18fps in the graphics test...

My old laptop had only 256mb ram, and the game ran much faster...I can´t understand what´s happening, because it worked with 60fps with everything on when I first installed the game...
If anyone´s interested, this is how I solved the high PO problem in my laptop: I simply did a Clean Reboot of windows, turning off all non-microsoft background processes. After the reboot, my FPS went up to 45 and PO dropped to 50 even with full graphics, even in heavier mods.

Now I can enjoy GP4 again. Hurray!!
Same problem here, with my new laptop ASUS Rog Strix GL553VD, that has NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050 4GB as the dedicated card and Intel HD 630 as integrated card, no matter what I try there seems to be no way to get GP4 to use NVIDIA. With Integrated card I can however achieve 60fps but the quality of craphics is not what I have been use to with my old laptop that had NVIDIA Geforce GTX 570M.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy