Maués Fantasy Street Circuit - Remade [Alpha]

Posted by RyuLotusFP 
Maués Fantasy Street Circuit - Remade [Alpha]
Date: April 25, 2017 04:55AM
Posted by: RyuLotusFP
Hello, GPG folks?
It's too long time where I don't posted here at GPG, nether commenting some mod works, screenshots, and playing Grand Prix 4.

(Made based on default loading screens)

Remember my fantasy track Maués Street Circuit very times ago?
I'm re-releasing now, where I've remade with new layout, new elevations and resized dimension and length of track, to be almost similar with my hometown, but
it's just only a track, and it's ok to race.

Maués is an brazilian municipality city located at east of Amazonas state, bordering with Pará state. Known as "Land of Guaraná" due the native fruit "guaraná" (Paullinia cupana) is being located and produced as soft drink, mix, syrup and juice on regional and national market, who resembles as an human eye, it was estabilished as municipality village at 25th June 1833 as Luséa.

Since 1896, it's named as Maués in tribute to native tribe who inhabited previously before the portuguese colonizers and Jesuits landed at region known as "Mundurucânia" (which the Mundurucus inhabited too, however, are hostile of Maués) who corresponds the actual city. The city was final resistance spot of Cabanagem riot in 1840 when the last rebels finally surrended against the National Guard at time of Brazilian Empire, which the built Obelisk located at Colonel Joao Vercosa Square remembers the fact.

At the time of Amazon summer (while the rest of Brazil is winter) with the rivers heights going down, the natural beach known as Maresia Point appears temporary, being the place most visted by tourists. The biggest cultural event on the city is known as Guaraná Festival (Festa do Guaraná), who occurs at end of November with national, regional and local musical attractions and the theatrical performance of Myth and Legend of Guaraná. The municipality has 63.905 inhabitants, majority from urban zone. The name Maués refers at tupi language as "talking parrots' land".

The circuit:
The circuit was a idea of portuguese João Peugeot along with his brother Antònio "Tony" Peugeot after their purpose of racing event in Manaus was rejected. After paying ferries to deliver the cars and equipament from Manaus, the track was idealized using the existing roads, however, dirtys (not asphalted in concrete). They promoted the first Grand Prix in city which taken on 09th March 1974. Besides of dust and some accidents, João wins the own race and promised they'll do again on next year. It was the Formula Peugeot official first race, which on next year the city took the first official season race.

Due the tightness of width and slowly corners, besides of Avenue Dr. Pereira Barreto straight being fastest part, the track was called as "Monaco of the Tropics", as Manaus is called as "Paris of the Tropics" due the european belle époque architecture in city downtown as result of rubber market boom early on century.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Download here!

Have fun. :-)

PS: I'm returned to work on this track and testing the dat, CC-lines and doing the nlands.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My drawing art page
Eddie e Seus Peugeots Wiki
My personal blog
Produced in Maués, Brazil - Visit the Amazon and the Land of Guaraná

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2020 06:05PM by RyuLotusFP.
Re: Maués Fantasy Street Circuit - Remade [BETA]
Date: April 26, 2017 10:25AM
Posted by: thestig88
Many thanks! A very tight, twisty yet very fast in places track! Patience is a must when wishing to overtake!
Thanks very much! :)

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: April 28, 2017 08:42AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Thanks for sharing!

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: April 28, 2017 12:51PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
Thanks!

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: April 28, 2017 07:51PM
Posted by: Soutsen
Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My drawing art page
My personal blog
Date: July 04, 2017 12:06PM
Posted by: davegp4
cool(B)

Latest Themes / Mods > [www.mediafire.com]
You Tube Video's [www.youtube.com]
________________________________________±
Thanks ! (Y)

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: July 31, 2017 10:16AM
Posted by: rookie26
Thank you very much.
Thank you mate, very nice track you made ;-)

grtz from Belgium

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Date: October 25, 2018 07:47PM
Posted by: Soutsen
anyone to reupload this for me?

Date: October 26, 2018 04:32PM
Posted by: quickslick
the ad.fly link still works
Date: February 23, 2019 09:05PM
quickslick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the ad.fly link still works

Still working, but I've updated to BitLy, to avoid some problems when trying to jump ad and gaining trouble to redirect to MediaFire server instead.

My drawing art page
My personal blog
Date: March 25, 2020 11:39PM
I've updated the track with extended pitlane, and I'm testing, testing and testing, however, discovering several bugs like wall's contact which teleports to pitlane.
Also, I'm testing the AI's CC-line to be regular, without wrongly crashes on wall, due the fact of course's tight width (to be a street circuit similar to Monaco).

My drawing art page
My personal blog

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2020 11:41PM by RyuLotusFP.
Yup, It's me again.

Unfortunely, I've rebooted again the DAT due issues of pitlane entrance. Everyone knows the DAT base where I used to build the track was A1 Ring 2001, right?

However, the pitlane entrance default is sided to right, not left where I planned when I built (and the flag in GP4 Builder was informing an error about this) using this base. So I decided to reboot using Interlagos DAT track, which the pitlane entrance default is left.

There's another problem still envolving the pitlanes are the pitcrews and the exting the garage (I tested in free practise). Due the pitlane is tight like default Monaco, there's a problem envolving when the car turns right, which hits on wall. Monaco has a default diagonal parking on garage, however, I'm not using because Monaco's pitlane entrance default is right. Everyone who downloaded and tested had discovered those issue, right?

To avoid some problems of teletransporting into pits when hits the wall in last corner and at pitlane entrance, I'm squeezing the "eventual" sidewalks to extend the bank space for the cars passing it without problems. This why I will try to "squeeze" the left sidewalks on pitlane to give the space when exting (or entering the pit garage).

Later.

My drawing art page
My personal blog

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2020 02:52AM by RyuLotusFP.
Other thing about pitlane garage issues:

The Monaco post-2004 track has right pitlane entrance, however, the pitboxes are left. I don't know if the authors of Monaco track mods (starting in 2005, as Tony's 2005 Mod example) had issues about this problem when they set the pitlane garage side to left while the track flag list alerts about " ( 86 ) Sector is far from Track sector with 86 cmd"...

My drawing art page
My personal blog
Re: Maués Fantasy Street Circuit - Remade [Alpha]
Date: August 04, 2020 06:36PM
video: [www.youtube.com]

Testing track with AI cars. Several changes made on this build incluinding removing that "S" blind turn after climbing. I'm still working on heights and later will start building NLANDs.

PS: Sorry for not posting embedd video, I tried but didn't worked. Click the link to see the video.

My drawing art page
My personal blog
Re: Maués Fantasy Street Circuit - Remade [Alpha]
Date: August 04, 2020 07:51PM
Posted by: quickslick
thank you for your efforts on the track, Ivens :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy