CSM Helmet Install

Posted by RHill 
CSM Helmet Install
Date: April 21, 2017 03:16PM
Posted by: RHill
Hi all,

So I'm trying to install 2017 helmet textures into phantamans 2016 CSM mod, but really struggling with the folder structure and installation.

I have taken the schuberth shape from jvinu2000 and renamed the lod file and placed in the helmet folder of the mod, making 4 copies as with the original mod. I think this therefore changes the shape correctly. I then take the helmet tga texture and convert to tex file and place into the relevant driver folder. I flip the tex file (for some reason it comes upside down?).

I can get the helmet to work perfectly in T-Cam, but in the TV camera shots, the helmet texture is missing. I can't see how it would be different.

This is so frustrating so any help is appreciated!

Thank you
Re: CSM Helmet Install
Date: April 21, 2017 04:21PM
Posted by: Excalibur
when converting tga files into tex, did you select also mipmaps= 4 for all your textures?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2017 04:22PM by Excalibur.
Date: April 21, 2017 04:38PM

This is my issue above.

I'm using TexResizer because Slimtex won't work! (error saying Can't initialise D3D). Is there a way to do the same thing in TexResizer or do you know how to get Slimtex working?

Do you thing this could be the issue?

Thanks for the help...so frustrated
Date: April 21, 2017 10:54PM
This one is driving me crazy, someone must know how to correctly edit the 2016 CSM mod by phantaman with the GP4 forever helmets?

I have tried so many combinations of lod / texture flipping and still the T-Cam is perfect and the TV camera all black!

Really struggling with this one, any help appreciated

Rich
Date: April 21, 2017 11:00PM
Posted by: kedy89
Low lods maybe, since the TV cam seems to have the top part out of position as well?

If phantaman's mod used them and you don't, it'll use the original shape, which has a different mapping.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: April 21, 2017 11:23PM
I'm taking the lod and copying it to create car_helmet_00 / 01 / 02 / 03

I thought this was the lower lods being the same as the main lod then, so a different shape isn't used. The original mod has 4 lods
Date: April 21, 2017 11:38PM
okay so its something to do with the lower lods because when I insert the tga file for lod0 and not 1 / 2/ 3 in TexResizer the original helmet shows fine in TV mode and the new helmet fine in T Cam.

But what do I do different!?
Date: April 25, 2017 11:17AM
Just in case someone might follow this thread in the future (and so I can give something back to the community)...the issue was resolved by changing the lod 0 / 1 / 2 / 3 texture sizes to match those of the existing mod.

In my case...

2048 x 512 - lod0
1024 x 256 - lod1
512 x 128 - lod2
256 x 64 - lod 3

Applying the lod0 sized texture to all lods caused a mismatch in mapping when viewed in other camera views.
Date: April 25, 2017 01:26PM
Posted by: Excalibur
So, it was a mipmaps problem when converting from .tga into .tex ;-)

I think that TexResizer is good to work with existing tex files but when you want to create tex files from .tga, better is to use Slimtex. BTW, your initializing D3D error with this tool is strange ( I think it is a common issue with Raedon GC). You should update your GC driver and try again, if possible... :-)

But when you create .tex files from a .tga, always select mipmaps=4 before to convert it. It will create automatically your 4 textures "lods". ;-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy