ZModeler how to...

Posted by huskyman49 
ZModeler how to...
Date: April 20, 2017 11:00AM
Posted by: huskyman49
Imagine how happy I was, when I saw the outcome of my work: I imported a *.gp4 file into ZModeler, modified the shape moderately albeit successfully and exported it as *.gp4, put it into the game and off I went.
As you canny and experienced car modders already know, there was no texture on the car. Right :). So I went back to ZModeler and here I am, not knowing how to handle the program feature Material Editor. Anyone willing to help me out with a step-to-step instruction?
Maybe I stand on my own feet, not accepting the logic of the program, that the car looses its already existing textures, when I'm only importing and exporting it, hm?

I'd rather be extremely grateful for any help
Karl
Re: ZModeler how to...
Date: April 20, 2017 12:34PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Hello,

Before to start, be sure that your textures are converted into .tga files and that they are into the same folder than your carshape (without the " hi- "
prefix). For example, I have got a hi_mcl32_1.tex file. With slimtex (zaztools), convert it into tga (don't forget to flip the texture) and delete the " hi_ " prefix to get mcl32_1.tga
Same thing with all the textures related to the car...
It will be easier to know if your textures are assigned to the carshape or to know which ones are not correctly assigned because it will load the textures automatically if it is ok.

Once your shape opened into Zmodeler:
1- open Material editor (or press E touch)
2- You should get the list of the missing materials:

So, you have to assign the materials to the shape before to export it into GP4 format.

Important: Be sure that the material name is the same than your texture name. for example, I have got a hi_mcl32_1.tex file. The name into material editor should be mcl32_1.tga ( always without the " hi_" prefix)
The same for the others material names...

3- Tick Primary texture box and load the texture corresponding to your material name. Example: for the material mcl32_1.tga, I have to load the mcl32_1.tga texture! Logical!
Do, the same for the other material slots and click on "Apply changes" button, then Ok.
From this moment, you should see your carshape with all the textures visible.

4- If it is ok, export your car into .gp4 format

Dont'forget steps 1.2.3.4 for the second car also.

5: Once done, open your gp4 car with gp4builder. On the menu bar, Action/ sort car objects and save your car (same thing for car 2)

It is done.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: April 20, 2017 12:42PM
merci beaucoup, Excalibur!

This is exactly what I was hoping for (I) - I will try it out as soon as possible... :-)

thanks again and best regards from snowy(!) upper Styria
Karl
Date: April 21, 2017 04:53PM
Date: April 21, 2017 06:39PM
Posted by: Lo2k
And while you're in GP4Builder, you can also do Action\fix green tint before saving to prevent any user driving your car seeing a green tint all over it if he uses dynamic environmental maps ingame.

Date: April 21, 2017 06:42PM
aha...(I)

merci Laurent
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy