Easter Island / Rapa Nui Circuit [RELEASED]

Posted by salvasirignano 
Re: Easter Island / Rapa Nui Circuit [RELEASED]
Date: August 31, 2019 08:06AM
Posted by: TomMK
What physics are you using in the Ligier video? It looks great!

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: August 31, 2019 11:11AM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Thanks Tom! :)

How can I put this.. the physics I use are rather radical, because GP4 for all its plus points (which have kept me playing it consistently 12 years now) does not have particularly good physics or a good tyre model by today´s standards. There are next to no threads on the tyre model, or tyre curve, anywhere.
So rather than put in realistic numbers and expect something that feels good, I put in rather extreme numbers to get something that feels like a racecar, that yes, is quick, but isn´t on rails, and that you have a chance of saving if overstepping the limit.

I spent weeks testing and ended up with the result in the video. It might feel more vague in terms of steering, and I recommend it only for wheel users. I lowered the weight, lowered the tyre grip, raised the slip angles markedly, set the centre of pressure and weight further back, and other things that I can´t remember as well.

I use it with a much softer setup.
I could upload the relevant files for you to test, or upload my whole GP4 folder so it´s less of a faff? Also features some driver eye cameras, replacing the T camera, like below, base setups..

upload

upload

upload

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: September 01, 2019 12:13PM
Posted by: TomMK
I agree GP4's original physics is not great, the lack of controllable oversteer really bugs me but I have never solved it. Yours looks the best attempt I've seen.

I'll take the lot - thank you! I love that cockpit cam - do you mind if I steal that for my GP4 Central mods?

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2019 12:31PM by TomMK.
Date: September 13, 2019 09:22PM
Sorry Tom, I've not been able to upload it so far, still ironing out a few things, and on holiday now, will upload in a couple of weeks! :(

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: October 24, 2019 01:52AM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
Hello guys, I have downloaded the Rapa Nui track for the first time and wanted to test it, but when I want to drive it GP4 says "Loading error - wrong file typ". Well, I had never seen this error before. I moved the track from slot 10 to slot 1, but it's still the same mistake there. I don't know where the problem should be, the dat is a dat file and the wad is a wad file. And GP4 is some kind of diva, you know. :-( hot Anyone an idea how to fix this? Thank you.
Date: October 24, 2019 07:56AM
Posted by: quickslick
did you set the maximum track lenght to 20 km for the track in gpxpatch? because for me the track works without problems. I've replaced all related files (except the bmp) and changed the track lenght from 8 km to 20 km like the readme says and everything works perfect.
Date: October 24, 2019 12:35PM
Oh yeah, this is the first track I have ever used that is longer than 8 kilometers. Now it's working fine, thank you very much! :-)(Y)
Date: October 24, 2019 12:38PM
ok, good :)
Date: October 24, 2019 01:10PM
Glad you got it working, hope you enjoy it! :-)

Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: October 24, 2019 01:23PM
the track is pure fun and very good. I really like it, especially the lava chamber. Thank you very much for the nice track (Y) :)
Date: October 24, 2019 01:28PM
quickslick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the track is pure fun and very good. I really like
> it, especially the lava chamber. Thank you very
> much for the nice track (Y) :)

Thanks Jurgen! :)

Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: October 24, 2019 09:31PM
Yeah, really great track! :-) (Y) But if you have fallen into the lava chamber it might took more than 5 minutes to get out. That's really nasty! ;) ;-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy