Happy Easter

Posted by rracunis 
Happy Easter
Date: April 14, 2017 05:02PM
Posted by: rracunis
I am 54 years old, Brazilian, plastic surgeon, living in Dubai since 2009. I have a 28-year-old daughter and a 20-year-old son both living in Brazil, and a 14-year-old son living in Dubai. My 20 year old son had a cancer when he was one year and a few months old, he fought for his life and and today is a brilliant, intelligent and funny guy, very much friend of mine , I would not say he is my favorite son but , without doubts , the closest of me .
In 2014, he asked me to study in Boston, wanted to try a place at MIT or Harvard as a student of chemical engineering. After the SAT and Toefl tests, several interviews and essays, he got a seat in 9 American universities, including MIT and Harvard. I was so pround of him . He went to US for the beginning of classes in September 2016 but, for some reason, decided to return to Brazil and study there, leaving the American universities. I was furious and for 2 months I didn't talk to him, I didn't understand, as a dad , that our children are from the world and , especially , have their lives and our "work " is to support them in their dreams, because life is very short and can surprise us at any time.
In December, he called me saying he had an abdominal pain, did an ultrasound and MRI and , unfortunately , he had a new abdominal tumor. I flew immediately to Brazil and, two days before Christmas of 2016, he was operated on. He had a huge abdominal tumor, 23 centimeters in length and weighing astonishing 2.1 kg. His right kidney needed to be removed and he had two broken ribs during surgery. And I was in the operating room and I saw all this . He spent 7 days in the ICU, lost 10 kilos (he was 69 before the surgery), was hospitalized for 10 days and left the hospital very weak.
Only one week after discharge from the hospital, he took exams at one of the best universities in Brazil which lasted for 5 days, 6 hours a day and was approved in 4th place among the 33,000 candidates ! He couldn't move and breathe well , I couldn't believe how strong someone could be .
We traveled together in March to Hong Kong, Macau and Thailand. His classes started at the end of March and he was radiant, feeling his life back. A week ago, he did follow-up examinations and a small mass was found in the images of his abdomen . Before yesterday, he did a biopsy and the cancer is back . I feel helpless but hopeful and I will continue to fight for my child until the last day of my life. Forgive me for this long post , for some reason I felt like doing it here, thank you for having read it .
May God bless him and all of you, my virtual friends of the GP4 community.

Happy Easter
Re: Happy Easter
Date: April 14, 2017 05:53PM
Posted by: brasil_2014
Meu Deus Ricardo!!!
Vou estar rezando por vocês.
Meu pai também teve câncer no intestino a 4 anos atrás e graças a Deus hoje em dia está bem (o tumor preenchia quase toda a circunferência do órgão).
Feliz páscoa e fiquem com Deus.

Abraço

Fábio Bachiega
Jaú (SP)
Date: April 14, 2017 06:41PM
Posted by: Soutsen
That's too touching to find the words... It happened so that recently I started looking for my own way to find God, so now I can only pray and hope for the best to you, and your son. God bless you!

Date: April 14, 2017 09:51PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Best wishes to you and your family Ricardo

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: April 14, 2017 10:00PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
I'm lacking the words in english to express the good way what I feel for you and your son but what I can say is I hope he will have the strenght to fight against the illness and recover very soon from it. My best wishes for you and your son.

Feliz Pascoa
Abraço

Date: April 14, 2017 10:24PM
Posted by: Alessio88
Well I'm a bit speechless as well after this post Ricardo.
I can only say I lost my dad when I was 8,he had a cancer as well but the only thing I can say is that even through all those difficult moments always believe in god.
I'm sure your son will make it through even this time and then he will be fine my friend,you stay strong as well.
I know it's not a lot but if there is anything I can do you know where to find me.

Happy Easter to this great community.

Greetings
Alessio

CoM3 oN McL4R3n.....:)
Date: April 14, 2017 11:08PM
Posted by: Lacrowe
I think that a discourse like yours is not suited to the title that you gave, I can not think of a simple Easter wishes if it is related to a story so hard emotionally for me.
Medicine has made huge strides forward, but the man has not brought him immortality and in some cases is the disease that confronts us with the reality
, this is what happened to my sweet father. I was not lucky, but I still think that even from heaven my dad I can still be close to me.
Parents always expend massive efforts for their children, it's normal anywhere in the world I can find.
Telling all our thoughts is always difficult because everyone can express an opinion even if it is positive or negative.
Your choice was very strong and it is right that we can provide you with warm encouragement for what you have done for your son.
So aside from the classic Easter wish, I prefer to make a wish before you are always close to your family to deal with in addition to the happy days even the most delicate situations that life has given us.

Date: April 14, 2017 11:24PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Cancer is everywhere. It seems most of us will encounter it either in our family or ourself. Hopefully not all of them are deadly. But all of them are heavy burdens and a great anxiety if not pain for who is touched and his close family.
I can't say much but your story really touched me and I wish all the best for your son and for you. This is a strong fight. Really Hoping the best.
Best regards,
Laurent

Date: April 14, 2017 11:45PM
Posted by: jakobdylan
I am so sad to read that I hope your son can recover soon

Happy Easter
Date: April 15, 2017 09:08AM
Posted by: mortal
Yes, the best wishes to all over Easter. Keep in mind that Easter is a pagan celebration of the rebirth of springtime in the northern hemisphere, appropriated by the church to appease the converted. However I will say that for me there is no God, and if there was, why would he create cancer?
Having gone through three skin cancer removals this year, multiple stitches etc. and now having to face regular checkups I agree that it's no fun at all, regardless of the type of cancer.
As for praying, dare I say do something useful, like make a sandwich or something., seriously no one is listening. This planet would be far better off if religion, a panacea for the masses, did not exist. It's been said; If you talk to God, you're praying, and if God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.
There will be people that won't like what I've said, but it's only my opinion, keep that in mind.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 15, 2017 10:30AM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
Very touching story! Sad to hear these news, my friend. Nevertheless happy easter to you and all the best for you and your whole family!
Date: April 15, 2017 10:31AM
Posted by: fandericciardo3
I wish the best for you and your family.
Date: April 15, 2017 11:34AM
Posted by: Alesi_fan
I can just say that it is always sad to read this kind of story and life is not always fair. Sometime it feels more the opposite.
That you share this tough time with this community show two things to me. You have friends here but less in real life next to you.
Try to continue to be strong as you been so far, and I wish you the best Ester holliday where ever you are.

U/
Date: April 15, 2017 11:59AM
Posted by: davegp4
Dave from Australia, may good fortune shine upon you all from now on(*)

Latest Themes / Mods > [www.mediafire.com]
You Tube Video's [www.youtube.com]
________________________________________±
Date: April 15, 2017 12:22PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
Happy Easter mate!
I can't imagine how this must be for you and your son, but I think this shows how fragile life can be and that you should enjoy as much as you can together. If he keeps fighting, I beleive he will win this battle in the end.
Im sending all my positive wibes from to you two! Many warm and heartful hugs from Sweden! :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: April 15, 2017 04:40PM
Posted by: F1Classicfan
A truly heartfelt story that reminds us of how unnecessarily cruel life can be, but also of how our capacity to love and the spirit of human resilience can achieve remarkable feats. Your son has beaten this scourge before and I pray that he does so again. I wish you, your son and your family nothing but good during these unimaginably tough times, and hope that he makes a full and speedy recovery.

All the very best.
Date: April 15, 2017 07:57PM
Posted by: gezere
All my best wishes for your son, Ricardo. I am myself recovering from a huge incident of life and all my thinking are for your son and you.
Keep fighting!!! That's the only way !!!

Date: April 15, 2017 07:59PM
Posted by: Canadian76
God bless you!!! I'm from Russia, I feel your pain as my own!
Date: April 16, 2017 03:09PM
Posted by: rracunis
I would like to thank all of you for your kind and warm words . I have many friends close to me but most of them look at me feeling sorry or asking questions and questions to know about him . The doctors who treat him are very close to me as wellbut doctors are doctors , some or many or even most of them , are cruel in the name of the science . This is my life since I graduated in 1988 , I know very well how their brains work .
I'm so glad for having received a comment from Jacobdylan ( Vicenzo ) who along with Sammuele Pinna , introduced me to the world of the MODs in 2005 .
Thank you much once again to everyone who wrote a comment here .
Date: April 17, 2017 03:16PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
Ricardo, what sad news...
I am 52 years old and have three children (29, 22 and 19) and I understand how you feel.
All the strength and affection from here!

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy